The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Lebanon is soliciting proposals for its Human Rights Fund and Shiraka Democracy Fund. The programmes aim to promote good governance, protect human rights and support meaningful change in Lebanon.
Human Rights Fund
1. The Dutch human rights policy in Lebanon focuses on three human rights priorities:
a) Equal rights for women and girls,
b) Equal rights for LGBTI and
c) Freedom of expression and internet freedom.
2. Total project budget amounts to a minimum of 300.000 and maximum of 500.000 EUR.
Shiraka Democracy Fund
1. The Netherlands Fund for Regional Partnerships (NFRP) Shiraka supports sustainable transition in the MENA-region.
2. The funds are intended for support initiatives of local organisations that contribute to lasting societal transformation.
3. The total project budget amounts to a maximum of EUR 300.000.
Utilize This Offer
This call for proposals combines funding from two specific funds at the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands:
• the Human Rights Fund and
• the Shiraka Democracy Fund.
The below eligibility criteria apply for both funds:
1. Organisation can only apply to one of these funds in this call for proposals. Organisations that submit a proposal for both funds will be excluded.
2. Organisations need to have a proven track record in the particular field that they apply for, either based on the organisation’s history or the individuals that will be working on the proposed project.
3. Gender equality and youth involvement are cross-cutting themes for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands and should preferably be integrated in project proposals.
4. The maximum remuneration of individual managers and board members of an applicant/ lead party and co-applicants must be in reasonable proportion to the seniority of their position and to the organization’s size and complexity.
5. Applicants should be non-governmental and non-profit organisations. Consortiums of organisations are also allowed to apply.
6. Duration of the project is minimum two years and maximum three years.
7. The proposed activities are only implemented in Lebanon.
Preference will be given to organisations that are not already financed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Activities in the field of arts, culture and sports are unfortunately not eligible.
Application deadline: Sunday, April 18th at 23:59 Beirut time.
For more information, visit https://www.netherlandsandyou.nl/latest-news/news/2021/03/17/2021-call-f...