The second edition of the Rural Youth Innovation Award will promote the initiatives of young people in LAC who are taking action to combat the COVID-19 pandemic in rural areas.
The initiatives competing for the Award must present solutions that constitute examples of good practices and technologies applied and implemented to overcome the challenges imposed by the COVID-19 pandemic in the region.
They should contribute to solving problems related to rural areas, especially with small local producers.
• Marketing solutions and market access
• Connectivity solutions
• Financial inclusion
• Recycling and alternative energy
• Female empowerment and gender inclusion.
Utilize This Offer
1. Be between 18 to 35 years of age.
2. Be Nationals and residents of one of the Latin American and Caribbean countries (IFAD members).
3. For groups, a minimum of 80% of the members must be between 18 and 35 years old. All must be residents and nationals of the LAC region (Latin America and the Caribbean).
Initiatives must have already been implemented or are under implementation with achieved results and bring the following types of innovation:
a) New products introduction;
b) Introduction of new production methods;
c) New forms of socio-economic organisation;
d) Development of new sources of supply for raw materials and others materials; and
e) Creation of new market structures.
Application Deadline: 15 April 2021.
In this first stage, the Award will receive preliminar registrations from interested initiatives.
For more information, please visit https://lnkd.in/e2eDQrf