In 2018, World Resources Institute (WRI) launched the Land Accelerator Africa, the world’s first training and mentorship program targeted specifically toward businesses that restore degraded forests, farmland, and pasture.
In 2021, WRI and their partners at Fledge and AUDA-NEPAD are taking a novel approach to the Land Accelerator Africa. This year, they are expanding the size of their cohort and selecting 100 entrepreneurs from across the continent to join us for all-virtual business creation and growth accelerator. At least 50 of the participants will be under 35 years of age, and / or female company leaders.
The Top 100 will benefit from:
• 3 months of exclusive weekly training from experts;
• 3 months of access to Fledge’s online lessons for start-up;
• Templates to create content to help your business thrive;
• Weekly office hours with mentors who will lend their expertise;
• Weekly networking sessions to speak with and learn from other entrepreneurs in your cohort;
• $5,000 Launchpad grants upon successful completion of the online program.
Recipients of the investment packs benefit from:
• A coaching meeting with a Land Accelerator organizer to develop your investment and innovation grant plan;
• A 90-minute group session with members of the Land Accelerator mentor network, who will provide tailored feedback;
• The opportunity to present your 3-minute business pitch at the virtual Land Accelerator Demo Day, an event that brings together the Top 10 and business and social investors from across the continent;
• Access to additional funding opportunities through the Land Accelerator Alumni Fund.
Utilize This Offer
To support the AFR100 Initiative’s goal of restoring 100 million hectares of land by 2030, the Land Accelerator provides entrepreneurs across Africa with mentorship and networking opportunities, technical training, and workshops to build up their storytelling and pitching skills.
1. Businesses based anywhere on the African continent.
2. Applications written in either English or French.
3. Entrepreneurs whose business model clearly centers around land restoration – through practices such as sustainable agriculture, reforestation, agroforestry.
4. Businesses whose activities result in the conversion or destruction of natural forests or other ecosystems will not be accepted.
They seek to scale companies that restore the land. Therefore, they prioritize companies that at least have a prototype, if not a product or service in the market with customers. Idea-stage companies may apply, as novel, highly impactful ideas will be considered but the programming is tuned toward growing operational businesses.
Small- and medium-sized enterprises that are showing success and in need of growth capital are especially encouraged to apply.
The third annual Land Accelerator will be held via virtual meetings and mentorship beginning in mid 2021.
The program will be hosted in English and French.
We especially encourage women and young entrepreneurs of all stages of businesses to apply.
Applications are open until April 11, 2021.
For more information, please visit https://thelandaccelerator.com/apply/africa/