Introduced in 2017, the WIA 54 programme promotes women entrepreneurship in Africa. Each year, it endows 54 African women entrepreneurs from 54 African countries with a comprehensive support package consisting of training, communication, mentoring and networking.
In 2021, WIA rolls out its 2030 plan, which multiplies the number of beneficiaries of the programme by 10!
This year, before appointing the 54 laureates, the jury will make an initial selection of 10 finalists per country. Thus, 540 women candidates will benefit from training and coaching. Through this newly introduced initiative, WIA aims at supporting more than 10,000 women entrepreneurs, indirectly contributing to the creation of 100,000 jobs, by 2030.
From this strengthened pool of entrepreneurs, the jurors will then select the 54 country laureates and 9 sectoral prize winners who will receive a comprehensive package of support to further boost their success!
What are the different types of status in the WIA54 community?
• Candidates of the competition: all participants to the call for applications.
• Country fnalists: 10 women pre - selected in each country.
• Country laureates: 54 women representing the 54 countries selected from the country finalists.
• Revelations: laureates by category.
Utilize This Offer
Who can apply?
Any African woman entrepreneur whose business is in Africa.
The criteria are as follows:
1. Business created or led by an African woman;
2. Startup created less than 5 years ago;
3. First traction on the market (sales, number of users, funds raised);
4. Be part of one of the 8 categories (below);
5. Applicants can only compete in a category that is their primary business category.
The categories are as follows:
> Sustainable development
> Beauty industries
> Creative Industries.
The program provides:
Application deadline: 7 May 2021.
For more information please visit