UN Women and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is pleased to announce the Civil Society Advisory Group (CSAG) on Gender Equality and Empowerment of Women in Liberia.
UN Women looks to civil society for support to achieve its strategic goals and fulfill its mandate on gender equality and women’s empowerment.
It seeks inspiration from the dynamic and creative side of civil society, which can forge collective identities and alliances, and create formal and informal networks, initiatives, and social movements to articulate new social concerns.
Together, UN Women and civil society advocate for the importance of advancing policy and dialogue on women’s rights and empowerment, development, peace, and security.
The CSAG will be a consultative forum for strategic dialogue between civil society and UN Women.
Utilize This Offer
The CSAG is an advisory body and an advocacy platform, with no technical mandate, to ensure that UN Women is connected to the real needs and issues that affects Liberia’s women and girls and to its civil society.
The following criteria will guide the selection of the members of the CSAG:
1. Strong connection to national or regional women’s organizations and networks, concerned with matters within the competence of UN Women and with extensive experience in national and / or regional advocacy and policy development;
2. Thematic expertise / experience in one or more UN Women priority areas;
3. Demonstrable understanding of the needs and interests of diverse groups of women;
4. Experience in policy, legislation and / or human rights treaties is valued, particularly at the regional / international level;
5. Members must not be engaged in active politics.
The selection of the members of the CSAG involves several steps and will follow a transparent and an inclusive process. The finalization of the members of the CSAG will involve the following steps:
a) Applicants will be invited through an Expression of Interest, published in the media;
b) After the receipt of the application, a Selection Committee established by UN Women Liberia will review and finalize nominations in consensus.
The duration of membership will be for two years with the possibility of extension.
Send your application and CV NO later than 15 May 2021.
For more information please visit