Applications are now open for Leeway Transformation Award (LTA) to provide unrestricted annual awards to women and trans artists and cultural producers living in Greater Philadelphia who create art for social change and have done so for the past five years or more, demonstrating a long-term commitment to social change work.
Leeway is a trans-affirming organization committed to gender self-determination, and we use the term “trans” in its most inclusive sense, as an umbrella term encompassing transsexual, transgender, genderqueer, Two-Spirit people, and anyone whose gender identity or gender expression is nonconforming and / or different from their gender assigned at birth.
Utilize This Offer
The Transformation Award is a USD$15,000 unrestricted award (it is not project-based) open to women and trans people working in any art form.
The award is unrestricted (it is not project-based) and open to artists and cultural producers working in any medium, including traditional and nontraditional as well as multimedia and experimental forms.
They encourage you to apply if you are a woman, trans, and / or gender nonconforming artist who:
1. Creates art for social change that impacts a larger group, audience, or community.
2. Has been creating art for social change for the past five years or more, demonstrating a long-term commitment to this work.
3. Has financial need and limited or no access to other financial resources.
4. Are at least 18 years old
5. Has lived for the past two or more years in greater Philadelphia: Bucks, Camden, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, or Philadelphia County.
This is a two-stage application process.
Stage 1: The Stage 1 application is due May 15.
Stage 1 is open to all eligible applicants.
A panel of community-based artists will review applications and make decisions to invite applicants to submit work samples for Stage 2.
Stage 2: By invitation only.
For more information, please visit https://www.leeway.org/grants/leeway_transformation_award/