Together Women Rise is an educational giving circle: their members meet monthly, learn about their featured and sustained grantees, and donate to Together Women Rise, allowing them collectively to support grassroots international organizations empowering women and girls living in extreme poverty.
They fund projects that foster good health, education, and economic self-sufficiency in developing countries.
They are devoted to educating and inspiring individuals to make a difference and fight global poverty through the power of collective giving.
Together Women Rise selects a featured grantee each month and promotes it throughout the month at chapter meetings, through mailings, social media and online communications.
Grantees are assigned to be featured in a specific month based on issue area and geography.
Utilize This Offer
Together Women Rise will strive to fund:
a) projects that address the varied issues, needs, and geography of women and girls;
b) projects that will address one or more of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs);
c) projects that will create lasting change in the lives of the women and / or girls who are affected;
d) projects that provide solutions that have been identified by the women and / or girls being served and that must actively include their perspectives;
e) projects that support women and girls living in extreme poverty in developing countries (defined as living on USD$1.90 a day or less);
f) grantees that are able to demonstrate the direct impact of the project funded and demonstrate methods and ability to monitor and evaluate the project;
g) grantees that are sustainable organizations with multiple funding sources.
Applicant organization must:
1. Be a US 5.01(c)3 corporation or have a fiscal sponsor which is a US 5.01(c)3 corporation – A fiscal sponsor is a US non-profit organization that provides fiduciary oversight, financial management, and other administrative services to help build the capacity of charitable organizations that do not have a US 501c3 (non-profit) designation. The fiscal sponsor has to satisfy all the Together Women Rise grant criteria.
2. Have at least half of the members of board of directors as women at time of application.
3. Demonstrate fiscally responsible practices;
4. Provide data regarding the direct impact of the organization’s programs;
5. Provide evidence of its monitoring and evaluation practices;
6. Demonstrate US$100,000 in annual expenses for the two most recent consecutive years
and provide Form 990 or Form 990 EZ.
Together Women Rise makes grants of USD$35,000-50,000 that may be disbursed in one distribution or which may be taken in up to two equal distributions spanning a period of two years.
Submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) from:
• April 1st-24th for the April Cycle;
• October 1st -24th for the October Cycle.
Online applications close at 11:45pm EST on the last day for both cycles.
For more information, please visit https://togetherwomenrise.org/learn/grants/apply-for-a-grant/