The Africa Food Prize is the pre-eminent award for recognizing the extraordinary individual or institution whose contributions to African agriculture are forging a new era of sustainable food security and economic opportunity for all Africans.
The prize celebrates Africans who are taking control of Africa’s agriculture agenda. It puts a spotlight on bold initiatives and technical innovations that can be replicated across the continent to create a new era of food security and economic opportunity for all Africans.
Building on the values and principles established by the Yara Prize, the Africa Food Prize puts a bright spotlight on achievements and innovations that can be replicated across the continent to eliminate hunger and poverty and provide a vital new source of employment and income.
Utilize This Offer
The Africa Food Prize recognizes extraordinary women, men, and institutions whose outstanding contributions to African agriculture are forging a new era of sustainable food security and economic opportunity that elevates all Africans.
The Africa Food Prize can be awarded :
1. To any individual or identifiable group of individuals, as well as to established institutions, associations, organizations, or government bodies with a formal and recognized judicial and organizational structure contributing to the overall objectives of the Prize;
2. To any qualified candidate, irrespective of nationality, profession or location, whose work, and contributions deriving from the work, has had a clear impact on the African situation, nationally, regionally or for the continent;
3. With reference to a specific contribution or achievement, or a series of efforts and results in the recent past, preferably within the last few years.
The Prize Committee considers the following criteria for the Prize:
• Contribution to reducing poverty and hunger and/or improving food and nutrition security in measurable terms.
• Contribution to providing a vital source of income and / or employment in measurable terms.
• Potential for transformative change through scalability, replication, and sustainability.
• Increased awareness and cooperation among African audiences and organizations.
• Proven leadership potential of the individual or organization, specifically the ability to persevere despite significant challenges or risks.
The Prize can be awarded to more than one winner, but not more than two. If shared, each winner will receive equal prize money (USD 100, 000 divided in two), a diploma, and a trophy.
The nomination process for the Africa Food Prize 2021 starts with nominations being sent to the Africa Food Prize Secretariat by May 25th, 2021.
For more information, please visit https://africafoodprize.org/