As part of its 2017-21 LATAM Region Project Evaluation, the Multiple Sclerosis International Federation (MSIF) is seeking an experienced consultant to conduct qualitative interviews with our key stakeholders to assess the outcomes and impact of the work done with and for MS organisations in the region.
Through having a consultant conduct qualitative interviews with key stakeholders, we aim to make the process as independent and objective as possible.
Please note we are open to proposals that contain alternative qualitative evaluation techniques/methods that can achieve the same aim.
Conflict of interest
a) To avoid any conflict of interest, perceived or otherwise, consultant(s) should note that, to be eligible to tender for the work, they (or their company / agency / organisation) should not have been employed by (as a permanent or temporary member of staff) or have carried out services for (in an advisory or consultancy capacity) national or international healthcare companies, or their subsidiaries, within the past 6 months.
b) Consultants who have carried out services for national or international healthcare companies, or their subsidiaries, within the past 18 months, should declare this within their application.
Utilize This Offer
The evaluation is open to consultants with the following skills, attributes, and experience:
1. native Spanish-speaker;
2. proficient spoken and written English;
3. excellent facilitation and communication skills; employ tact and diplomacy when working with non-governmental organisations;
4. proven experience in conducting objective and candid qualitative research including developing the necessary methodology and assessment tools;
5. experience in conducting interviews e.g. one-to-one interviews, focus groups, etc.;
6. excellent attention to detail and strong planning and prioritisation skills;
7. independent and impartial when interpreting results and providing recommendations;
8. ability to work with minimal supervision as well as effectively within a group;
9. familiar or has an interest in the field of organisational development / NGO capacity building particularly of Latin American grassroots organisations, e.g. volunteer-led, health / disability-focused patient organisations;
10. aware and sensitive to the needs of people with and affected by MS and / or experience of working with people affected by other medical conditions;
11. extensive experience of living and / or working in Latin America.
Portuguese-speaker will be an advantage.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the consultant will be required to work remotely and no travel is required. MSIF has existing online platforms that the consultant can use to incur no additional costs for online communications.
It is expected that the consultant completes the work by end of June 2021 in no more than 10 working days.
Interested candidates should submit the required information by 09.00 GMT, Tuesday 4 May 2021.
For more information please visit