The Open Contracting Partnership (OCP) is hiring a Senior Manager to lead our U.S. portfolio and transform how cities, counties, states and the federal government conduct procurement for better and more equitable results.
You will also focus on fostering U.S. diplomatic leadership for open contracting globally.
We are looking for a smart, passionate professional who understands the power and promise of public procurement to solve problems and deliver better goods and service to citizens, especially those most in need and most historically disadvantaged.
You will have experience in working teams of reformers in government to redesign procurement processes and systems through either open data, vendor engagement, market research, civil society monitoring or other strategies. You will be a powerful advocate who can convince senior leaders in government, civil society, companies or funders to make public purchasing more transparent, effective and fair. You will care deeply about building relationships with and collaborations with our growing U.S. communities and documenting and sharing learning.
We are a fiscally sponsored organization by the Fund for the City of New York (FCNY). The Fund currently provides fiscal, administrative and human resource functions to the OCP, but we are in the process of spinning out and becoming a fully-independent US501(c)(3) organization.
We can offer opportunities for professional development as well as an excellent benefits package and compensation that is commensurate with reputation and experience and a generous matched pension contribution.
Utilize This Offer
• Passion for improving public contracting and solving social problems;
• Deep understanding of procurement with a focus on data driven, inclusive, results-based contracting;
• Understanding of the U.S. procurement environment or local U.S. government;
• Creative problem solving skills
• Sound quantitative skills and being able to use data to drive decision-making;
• Strong project management capabilities and running multiple complex projects at the same time;
• Ability to build trust and relationships among diverse groups of stakeholders;
• Ability to center your work around diversity, equity, and inclusion and serve individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds, and orientations;
• Ability to work independently and proactively, pursuing new opportunities, delivering on milestones and deadlines;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a track record in producing practical outputs geared towards advocacy and public communication;
• Experience in change management and coaching teams of diverse reforms to solve complex problems;
• Experience in articulating clear advocacy asks and delivering convincing arguments to senior officials to generate buy-in and action.
Location: remote in the USA; DC or location of relevance to portfolio preferred.
We expect that after the Covid-19 crisis ends and it is safe again, the Senior Manager for the U.S. would travel domestically, perhaps up to 30% of their time, in addition to joining relevant global events.
Salary: $75,000 - $100,000 per OCP’s salary bands.
Please apply by midnight EST on Friday, April 30th.
For more information please visit