The Orange Social Venture Prize rewards projects that has been created less than three years ago that offer high-tech solutions based on mobiles or the Internet to meet the needs of the populations in Africa and the Middle-East.
The Award embodies the Group’s values and commitments in the MENA region.
Since 2011, the Orange Social Venture Prize in Africa and the Middle East has been part of an approach to detect and support start-ups.
The competition starts with a national phase during which each of the 17 Orange subsidiaries taking part will examine the projects submitted in its country and nominate three winners maximum.
Then there will be a second international phase in which the winners from each country, up to 54 winners in total, will compete before an international panel which will award the OSVP grand prize.
Utilize This Offer
Are you an entrepreneur with an ICT solution that contributes to the socio-economic development of your country?
If yes, then apply for Orange Social Venture Prize.
1. Entrepreneurs over the age of 21.
2. No nationality requirements.
3. Legal entity: You have exercised the activity for less than 3 years on 9 March 2021.
4. The projects must be implemented in the countries in which Orange operates in Africa and the Middle-East.
5. The eligible countries are: Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Guinea Bissau, Guinea Conakry, Jordan, Liberia, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Tunisia.
For the International Grand Prix, awards are as follows:
• 1st prize: €25,000 (twenty-five thousand euro)
• 2nd prize: €15,000 (fifteen thousand euro)
• 3rd prize: €10,000 (ten thousand euro).
For the International Women’s Prize, the is an amount of €20,000 (twenty thousand euro) funded by the Group Diversity and Inclusion Department.
The deadline for submission of applications is 04 June 2021 at 21:00 GMT.
For more information, please visit https://startup.orange.com/en/orange-social-venture-prize/