The United States Embassy in Suva is inviting applications for the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program for academic year 2022-2023 from resident nationals of Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, Tonga and Tuvalu.
These prestigious Fellowships are offered to mid-career professionals who have a proven track record of leadership, public service commitment, and the capacity to take full advantage of a self-defined program of independent graduate-level learning at a leading U.S. university for up to twelve months.
Utilize This Offer
The Humphrey Fellowship provides ten months of non-degree academic study and related professional experiences in the United States.
Basic Eligibility Criteria:
1. mid-career professionals in leadership positions;
2. demonstrated a commitment to public service and the potential for professional advancement;
3. an undergraduate (first university) degree;
4. a minimum of five years of substantial professional experience;
5. limited or no prior experience in the United States;
6. demonstrated leadership qualities;
7. show interest in the policy aspects of field of specialization
a record of public service in the community; and
8. strong written and spoken English skills.
Eligible Fields of Study:
a) Human and Institutional Capacity;
b) Rights and Freedom;
c) Sustainable Lands;
d) Thriving Communities.
The Fellowship provides for international travel, travel within the U.S. as required, tuition and fees, books, a monthly maintenance stipend, and limited funds for professional development activities such as attendance at conferences, field trips and professional affiliations.
The deadline for receipt of nominations is June 11, 2021.
For more information please visit