USAID’s Promoting Rule of Law in Myanmar (PRLM) project, implemented by Chemonics International, is seeking grant applications for implementation collaborative, stakeholder-driven initiatives designed to protect human rights and increase access to justice for all people of Myanmar.
Under this APS, PRLM aims to award grants to CSOs and NGOs (not-for-profit and for-profit), industry/sector, trade, or other private sector associations or syndicates, educational institutions, and Private sector.
PRLM is a five-year project (2018-2023) funded by USAID and implemented by Chemonics International. The goal of the project is to strengthen transparency and accountability in the legal system to protect the fundamental rights of Myanmar’s people.
Utilize This Offer
Applicant organizations must:
1. be local or international organizations operating in Myanmar;
2. only submit one application per prime organization under this APS;
3. be able to demonstrate successful past performance in implementation of integrated development programs related to PRLM’s priority areas;
4. have established outreach capabilities with linkages to the beneficiary group(s) identified in the program description. This should be reflected by the incorporation of the beneficiary perspective in the application;
5. display sound management in the form of financial, administrative, and technical policies and procedures and present a system of internal controls that:
• safeguard assets;
• protect against fraud, waste, and abuse; and
• support the achievement of program goals and objectives.
PRLM will assess the above capability prior to awarding a grant.
The Activity has four main objectives / outcomes that will be achieved:
Objective 1: Strengthen the administration of justice;
Objective 2: Improve the quality of professional legal education;
Objective 3: Strengthen access to justice services;
Objective 4: Mitigate the impacts of trafficking, corruption, and support to transitional justice.
Grant values are estimated to be between MMK 22,500,000 and MMK 225,000,000, however actual grant amounts may be lower or higher than that range.
The duration of any grant award under this solicitation is expected to be no more than 24 months.
For more information, please visit https://themimu.info/calls-for-proposals