The Global Development Network (GDN) invites non-profit Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) from low and lower-middle-income countries to submit project applications within the following three themes for the 2021 edition of the Japanese Award for Most Innovative Development Project (MIDP) 2021.
The Award targets projects currently at the stage of implementation, and which have a high potential for impact targeting exceptionally marginalized and disadvantaged groups located in developing countries.
Utilize This Offer
The MIDP Award is open to:
1. All development projects being implemented in low-income countries and lower-middle-income countries, and
2. Projects that comply with the WB Environmental and Social Framework’s (ESF)and the Environmental and Social Standards (ESSs);
3. Projects that are managed by a non-profit, Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) or Civil Society Organization (CSO) with its headquarters in one of the eligible countries;
4. Projects that have started its implementation on 1st June 2020 or earlier.
• concerning a recently started project or only a project idea or a feasibility or baseline study will not be considered;
• for funding conferences (either in part or in full) will not be considered.
Applicants from previous years (except winners) may re-apply, but they must update the application to include new aspects of the project.
Previous MIDP winners are not eligible to apply.
Theme 1: Universal health coverage and COVID.
Theme 2: Community-driven, climate-related, disaster risk reduction in rural areas.
Theme 3: Quality urban infrastructure and community driven governance.
The two first prize winners under each theme will receive a grant of US$ 20,000 each.
The second prize will receive a grant of US$ 5,000.
In addition, the World Bank-administered Japan Social Development Fund (JSDF) team will review the suitability of the proposals winning the First Prize for a much larger grant of up to US$ 200,000 under the auspices of the JSDF, one per theme.
The last date for submission is 9 June 2021 at 6:00 PM, Indian Standard Time.
For more information, visit http://www.gdn.int/awards2021/MIDP