The European Union (EU) is pleased to announce a call for proposals for the Tackling Gender Concerns to support actions that will contribute significantly to tackling human rights and gender equality challenges in Ghana.
The specific objective(s) of this call for proposals are:
a) Promote the implementation of specific actions that will contribute to the prevention of violence against women and girls in Ghana;
b) Support the implementation of actions that will end child marriage in Ghana.
The priorities of this call for proposals are:
• Concerted actions by civil society organisations and human rights defenders to ensure the implementation of relevant laws, policies, and actions that will prevent violence against women and girls in Ghana;
• The identification and advocacy for specific policy measures, community initiatives, national legislation among others to help prevent child marriage in Ghana.
Utilize This Offer
In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
1. be a legal person, and
2. be non-profit-making, and
3. be a Civil Society Organisation and
4. be established in Ghana or any other country and
5. be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the coapplicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary and
6. must have a proven track record of at least three years of promoting Human Rights in Ghana.
Co-applicant(s) must participate in designing and implementing the action, and the costs they incur are eligible in the same way as those incurred by the lead applicant.
Co-applicants must satisfy the same eligibility criteria required from the lead applicant.
At least one Co-applicant must be registered in Ghana if the lead applicant is not from Ghana.
Co-applicants must also sign the mandate form.
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between the following amounts:
• minimum amount: EUR 450,000;
• maximum amount: EUR 495,000.
Application deadline: 22-Jun-21.
For more information, please visit https://bit.ly/2RG2E2B