The Steve Waugh Foundation is seeking applications for its Grant Program to support those with the rarest diseases in Australia, especially those that are ineligible for support from other sources.
The Foundation is NOT currently able to provide financial assistance for:
> Purchase of new or used vehicles or their modification;
> Major house modifications;
> Rent, mortgage payments, household utility expenses, general living expense;
> Conferences, workshops, meetings;
> Travel - both local and international;
> Research and clinical trials.
Utilize This Offer
1. Children and young adults aged 0-25 years who have a rare disease with a prevalence of at least 2:100,000;
2. Australian Citizen or Australian permanent resident of at least 5 years;
3. Have a recognised rare disease as identified on ORPHANET ( www.orpha.net);
4. Have an Australian Medicare Card;
5. Have already made an application for Government funding assistance for the requested item, either State or Federal. e.g the NDIS;
6. The rare disease has been formally and officially diagnosed by a Paediatrician and/or a Geneticist;
7. Can provide evidence of the diagnosis of the rare disease signed off by a Paediatrician or Geneticist;
8. Can provide medical, health and other documentation or support material required as part of this Application.
The Foundation will consider funding:
c) Some, but not all, minor house renovations or items that improve the quality of life for the applicant and their family.
In line with our philosophy to fund items that are ineligible to be funded from other sources, you must identify:
• Other eligible sources of funding you have tried;
• If you have previously received support from other charitable organisations;
• Received support from the Steve Waugh Foundation in the past.
If you are eligible and have successfully submitted all documentation required, your application will be reviewed by our Medical Health Advisory Committee and the Grants Committee.
The Foundation will call for applications for funding assistance on the following dates in 2021:
Round 1: 1 - 31 March 2021;
Round 2: 1 - 30 June 2021;
Round 3: 1 - 30 September 2021.
Applications submitted outside these dates can be carried forward for review in the following Grant Round.
For more information please visit