The Truist Foundation supports U.S. communities by investing in innovative nonprofits that align with four key areas of focus:
• leadership development,
• economic mobility,
• thriving communities, and
• educational equity.
They support one-time needs that are sustainable and don’t commit funds to recurring expenditures. Examples include funding for a new program launch, a curriculum to expand or strengthen a program, equipment to deliver a program and capital needs.
Capital campaign requests may be considered:
(i) if the purpose of the campaign aligns with the Foundation's priorities, and
(ii) when the campaign is 60% complete toward its fundraising goal (including pledges), showing the campaign’s viability and community support.
The Foundation is NOT equipped to support:
• Annual grants;
• General operations;
• Ongoing program operations;
Utilize This Offer
1. The purpose of the project or program connects with leadership development, economic mobility, thriving communities or educational equity;
2. There is a sustainability plan for the project beyond this grant;
3. The grant will support programs and activities to build better lives in the community served;
4. The grant will have an impact on one of the 18 listed locations: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Indiana, Maryland, Mississippi, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington D.C., West Virginia;
5. The board of directors is a good representation of the local community;
6. The organization has good management, and is financially stable;
7. The organization or specific program has an earned revenue stream to allow it less dependence on philanthropic donations.
The Foundation is eager to hear from organizations that serve critical needs in their communities.
Start a grant application through their online portal.
Application deadline: July 31, 2021.
For more information, please visit https://www.truist.com/purpose/truist-foundation/grant-application