The Women & Gender Constituency invites you to participate in the '2021 Gender Just Climate Solutions Awards'!
The Women and Gender Constituency (WGC) is one of the nine stakeholder groups of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).
Established in 2009, the WGC now consists of 33 women’s and environmental civil society organizations, who are working to ensure that women’s voices and their rights are embedded in all processes and results of the UNFCCC framework, for a sustainable and just future, so that gender equality and women’s human rights are central to the ongoing discussions.
In 2015, the WGC launched its first ‘Gender-Just Climate Solutions’ Awards.
These awards aim to showcase real solutions for a more just, equal and healthy planet.
Previous initiatives recognized have included women-owned and operated energy cooperatives in Germany, female entrepreneurial “energy shop” initiatives in Mozambique and human rights-based relocation planning in the Carteret Islands.
Utilize This Offer
1. All types of activist, grassroots and women-led organizations and groups working on issues related to climate change from all over the world are encouraged to apply.
2. Only non-governmental initiatives are eligible (local or national government initiatives cannot be considered).
3. The activity / initiative:
a) should either already have been completed or should be in current operation;
b) must fit within one of the 3 award types of projects (see below).
Winning initiatives are showcased across three different project types:
• Non-technical climate solutions with a women or gender perspective (e.g. in area of efficiency, consumption changes, resilience and capacity building etc.);
• Technical climate solutions with a women or gender perspective (e.g. in area of renewables, energy or adaptation technologies etc.);
• Transformational climate initiatives with a women or gender perspective (e.g. addressing governance, institutional / societal change etc.).
> Three top ‘Award Winners’ will be identified, one per project type. These three winners will each receive a Seed Grant of 2000 Euros; travel for one representative to attend the Awards Ceremony held at COP26 in Glasgow, Scotland this November 2021 (depending on COVID-19); and mentorship activities from the members of the Women and Gender Constituency.
> The ‘Award Winners’ are invited to a capacity building workshop during COP26 with the previous award winners of the Gender Just Climate Solutions 2015-2019.
Applications Close: Saturday, 31st July, 2021 at 11pm EST.
For more information, please visit https://www.judgify.me/genderjustclimatesolutionsawards2021en