The UN Women Asia-Pacific WEPs Awards is the first regional awards initiative that recognizes companies who are taking action for gender equality in the region aligned to the Women’s Empowerment Principles, with the ultimate objective to make good practices visible and encourage more business to take action by joining the WEPs.
The WEPs Awards is a public recognition from UN Women and aligned to UN Women’s corporate standards and due diligence. As such, awards cannot be granted to companies that produce or sell alcohol, tobacco, armaments, adult entertainment and gambling products. The majority of these companies are still eligible to become WEPs signatories, and they encourage all of them to make the commitment and showcase their efforts for gender equality through engagement with WeEmpowerAsia and within the WEPs community.
All applications will be submitted online and assessed through a standardized process that includes verification of supporting documents, due diligence, and judging by an external panel of neutral experts.
The judging panel will be composed of external professionals with knowledge of the WEPs and private sector practices that promote gender equality and women’s empowerment. They will act on a voluntary basis and receive detailed guidance for scoring in an effort to maximize consistency and objectivity.
Depending on the context of the COVID-19 pandemic at the time, the event will either be fully virtual or a hybrid model of physical and virtual. Regardless, the ceremony will be livestreamed on the website.
Utilize This Offer
• Leadership Commitment and Action;
• Gender-inclusive Workplace;
• Gender-responsive Marketplace;
• Community Engagement and Partnerships;
• Transparency and Reporting;
• Youth Leadership.
1. Businesses, companies and enterprises (private, public, state-owned, cooperatives and social enterprises), including subsidiaries of multinationals and / or their branches, industry associations, stock exchanges and chambers of commerce from the eligible countries are eligible to apply.
2. For the Leadership and Youth Leadership awards, they encourage all individuals to apply and will consider of all nationalities as long as the nominated individual has established residency in the country of nomination and / or is a citizen of one of the Asia-Pacific countries.
The awards will follow a multi-stage approach with national awards ceremonies in the 7 WeEmpowerAsia countries followed by a wider Asia-Pacific regional awards ceremony.
Winners from the national awards ceremonies will be combined with a shortlist of applicants from non-WEA countries to form the nominee pool for the regional awards on November 18th.
July 31, 2021: Applications close.
August 23, 2021: Shortlisted applications notified by email.
For more information, please visit https://www.asiapacificwepsawards.org/about-the-awards