The Kuni Foundation has launched a call for proposals for the Intellectual & Developmental Disability Grants Program to invest in person-focused housing solutions for individuals who experience I/DD.
The program also provides funding for the exploration of new, inclusive and community-based approaches that are affordable, scalable and sustainable.
The lack of quality, affordable housing options for adults who experience intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) has reached a crisis in the United States.
We will NOT consider requests for:
• Grants to individuals.
• Fundraising events.
• Reserve funds or debt elimination.
• Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran or disability statuses in the delivery of services and in their employment practices.
Utilize This Offer
The Transformation Grants Program reflects the Kuni Foundation's commitment to investing in person-focused housing solutions for individuals who experience I/DD.
Who Can Apply?
1. Applicant organizations must:
a) have a primary focus of serving individuals who experience intellectual or developmental disabilities, and their caregivers and families,
a) be a registered 501©(3) nonprofit,
b) have a minimum of three years of successful operation.
2. All other applicants must use a fiscal sponsor who will assume fiscal responsibility for all funds received and expended.
3. Eligible activities include education, advocacy, employment, the arts, and supported, inclusive or independent housing.
4. Funding is limited to organizations located in and directly serving residents of Oregon and Washington (USA).
Funding range: Up to US$300,000 per year.
Grant Period: One-year grants or multi-year grants up to three years.
Letter Of Interest (LOI) due by Midnight on July 16, 2021.
For more information please visit