"Creating an enabling environment to stop child marriage through an active digital media campaign mainly through the wide circulation of related documentaries and hosting an interactive web portal that will address the subject holistically".
To reach this goal this project aims at
- Educating major stakeholders e.g. parents, religious leaders etc. about the impact of early marriage
- Awareness generation among young girls and boys so that they act as change makers at grassroots level
- To produce interesting documentaries on the subject and circulating the same using all available communication channel
- Hosting a web portal that will work as an interface between people interested to act against child marriage and people who can address their concern; finally
- To aware media and policymakers about the real picture prevailing at different areas of Pakistan so that they frame appropriate policy.
Primary Target Audience:
- Family members of probable child grooms and child brides who belongs to remote regions of Pakistan, where this custom is deep rooted.
- Elder members of the community who still believe in age-old customs, sometimes possess little know how about negative impacts.
- Families planning to marry their children before age
- Victims of child marriage
- Community elders who still believe in age old customs and often consider them as custodian of customs
Secondary Target Audience:
- Religious Leaders
- Students and educationist
- Policy makers and politicians
- International community
- Unite Nation
- Child right and child protection bureau
- Subscribers and readers of Publication houses
- Magazines, newspapers, blog writers focusing on the subject matter
- Viewers of National and International News Channels
- Listeners of Radio Channels
- Social Media like youtube, vimeo, twitter, facebook, world pulse etc Users
- Digital media users
- Writers and journalists who have interest in this subject
- Religious leaders, who often support child marriage
- NGOs, politicians and policy makers who are struggling and directly involved in legislations
Expected Strategic Actions by Audience:
- Crowdfunding: Audience will support the campaign by the Fund and Donations for documentary making and web portal hosting
- Story sharing:Families especially fathers sharing Video and photo to express their love and care for their boy and girl child, behavior modification and social norms related to subject stories sharing
- Students and Teachers Active Participation: School management will be contacted and Students and teachers will be asked to create awareness by arranging small scripted plays at the school level to change social norms. Later they will upload their videos and pictures on the Facebook campaign page and other social media platforms.
- Police case registration by public in case they find underage marriage.
- Religious Leaders: Less resistance in legislation from the side of religious leaders who do not support child marriage.
- Political Leaders: Major reform in Law by restricting 18 years as a minimum age for marriage
- Media: Maximum coverage to the subject