At the heart of WIDC (Women Inspiration Development Center’s work are our supporters. We know that our vision to eradicate Gender Based Violence and to lift Nigeria and Africa out of poverty is big and even overwhelming. The needs are so many and the resources and labourers so few! Yet we are inspired by the changes, the freedom from oppression and the thriving lives out of poverty that occurs every day in the lives of the women and girls we are working with has been giving us ample reasons to remain dedicated to our vision.
Our new initiative “Confident Girls” want to engage and mentor 5000 high school girls between ages 9-18 in the year 2021. These girls would be supported through weekend learning of coding and robotics, summer camping, agency-based workshop and entrepreneurial training to find their voices, express their power and live their dreams, a process of self-discovery that will enable them to become agent of change in their schools, community and visionary leaders that hold their communities in their hands. Nigeria and African girls need their confidence back after COVID 19 Pandemics and Shadow pandemic of sexual and domestic violence that is still raging in the region.
It is well known from experience that when you Empower a girl, you are empowering a nation and girls with dreams become women of vision. Therefore, we are convinced that with a shared commitment towards our goal, we will continue to build Nigerian and African women and girls up with dignity and security to be all she can be.
BOARD MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Board of Trustees is responsible for determining the goals, policy, growth and approving the annual budget.
- As a group and individually, they are responsible for the activities of the organization.
- Commit to financial support of WIDC either monthly or annually. To achieve this goal, you can personally raise fund for WIDC or by leveraging personal and professional networks to raise funds, supporting fundraising efforts or events, seeking new grant opportunities, write and review grants, pursue funding opportunities or train and develop WIDC staff in fundraising and grant writing
- Mentor a minimum of one executive team of WIDC, provide opportunity for staff development and training and help in raising mentors for our girls.
- Serve as a community Liaison and develop relationship with high level partners, corporation and government. Represent WIDC at external high-level meetings, events, conferences and talks to support WIDC team.
- Avoid conflict of interest and will maintain the confidentiality of WIDC interest
- Board Member are expected to serve at least two (2) year team
Volunteers are critical to mission and growth of Women Inspiration Development Center. Much of our success is attributed to the countless hours contributed by our volunteers. Our new initiative (Confident Girls) relies on teams of dedicated volunteers that will be doing the volunteering work from their home countries like UK, United States, Canada, and several other Asia and African countries. We seek volunteers that can mentor our girls on their journey to become more confident. Also, volunteers with expertise in the area of STEM teaching, Agency Based Workshop, ICT, Computer programing, Robotics, Executive Assistance, Grant Writing, Program Development and Logistics, Social Media Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Quantitative Analysis or and other area of expertise you think you can volunteer.
To show your interest Contact us through email: -[email protected]
Check out our work here: www.widcng.org