source: Taken from the APEC Website
Calling videographers and enthusiasts! How has technology and innovation changed and shaped your life?
The 2015 APEC Video Contest seeks stories of change and positive impact told through creative videos. Here, you'll have the chance to apply your creative skills and tell the world your story!
For APEC, working toward inclusive growth means ensuring that the benefits of trade and economic prosperity are felt at every level of society, including small businesses, micro-enterprises and technology startups. Therefore, a central focus of APEC in 2015 is to help create a favorable business environment, stimulate innovation, and enable SMEs to export products.
The priority of these videos will be to highlight how APEC’s work affects people, businesses and communities in the Asia-Pacific, enabling trade and technologies to be exchanged, therefore having a positive impact on individuals living in the region.
1. Video submissions should not be longer than 3 minutes.
2. Pleasesubmit your videosas Youtube URL
3. Creative titles are welcome
4. The submitted video must not contain material that violates or infringes on another’s rights, including publicity and intellectual property rights. Please read our terms and conditions below.
5. A participant is allowed maximum of two video submissions.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
Submission opens: 28 August 2015
Submission closes: 17 October 2015, 11:59PM
Top three winning videos will be announced at the Concluding Senior Officials Meeting in Manila Philippines on 14 November 2014. Results will also be published on the APEC website and on APEC’s Facebook, and Twitter.
Each video will BE evaluated based on the following criteria:
a) Interpretation and message of thevideo based on APEC 2015 priorities (Theme: “Building Inclusive Economies, Building a Better World: how have technology and innovation has changed your life?)
b) Over-all composition and quality
1st prize: SGD3000
2nd prize: SGD2000
3rd prize: SGD1000
1. The competition is open to amateurs and professionals.
3. Participants must be citizens or permanent residents of the APEC Member Economies(Australia; Brunei Darussalam; Canada; Chile; People’s Republic of China; Hong Kong, China; Indonesia; Japan; Republic of Korea; Malaysia; Mexico; New Zealand; Papua New Guinea; Peru; the Philippines; Russia; Singapore; Chinese Taipei; Thailand; United States; Viet Nam)
4. The decisions of APEC’s Judging Panel are final.
5. All prizes shall be paid in Singapore dollars.
6. All deadline submissions and timelines are based in Singapore time GMT +08:00
7. APEC Secretariat staff members are not allowed to enter the Contest.
8. The Secretariat reserves the right to disqualify any submission that does not conform to the rules and guidelines.
We encourage you to visit theVideo Contest webpagefor more details.
For further information on APEC 2015 priorities and initiatives, please contact:
Ma. Lizbeth Edra +65 9452 8344 firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Chapnick +65 9647 4847 email@example.com
More on APEC meetings, events, projects and publications can be found onwww.apec.org. You can also follow APEC onTwitterand join us onFacebookandLinkedIn.
For more information, contact:firstname.lastname@example.org