Pregnant women need to beware of corona virus: Dr. Sujata
Corona virus has spread its terror almost all over the world. Corona continues to wreak havoc on more than 210 countries of the world, so far, about 1, 30,000 people have died. To prevent this, a lockdown has been imposed by the government, yet every day new cases are coming up, due to which an unknown fear is going on in everyone's mind. Meanwhile, a study on corona has found that the infection of corona does not happen to a pregnant woman in her child and the newborn does not have any health related problems
Dr. Sujata Sanjay, gynaecologist and obstetrician, Sanjay Orthopaedic, Spine and Maternity Centre, told that during pregnancy, the mother takes all precautions for the life in the womb. Because during this time the mother is not only sharing her body but also her immunity power with the child. While there is a danger of corona virus everywhere, pregnant women need to be a little cautious. This is because the chances of infection in pregnant women are higher than normal.
Dr. Sujata told the right precautions at the right time will help you. The corona virus has given a message to the whole world today that humans living in any country can be affected by such a disaster anytime. Corona virus (Covid-19) belongs to a family of viruses, which can cause problems ranging from infection to colds and shortness of breath. According to the World Health Organization, fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc. are symptoms, so far no vaccine has been made to stop the virus from spreading.
Dr. Sujata Sanjay said that being sick for the body is very painful, in such a situation, if someone is pregnant then it is natural for him to be worried. However, the symptoms of this disease are fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc. due to common flu. But during this corona virus, these common symptoms become fatal for you in minutes. So far no vaccine has been made to stop the virus from spreading.
A little caution can give life to mother and newborn.
- Pregnant women should take better care of their health and keep the environment around them clean and tidy.
- Wash hands thoroughly with water and soap to keep them clean. Keeping hands clean is more important than wearing a mask with cleanliness.
- Take as much liquid as possible, keep your body hydrated and make sure that you are not missing any kind of pre natal supplement or drink.
- If you feel a little ill or have any kind of problem, then stay at home and relax.
- Do not take medicines on your own free will, as some medicines may prove to be harsh for your body during pregnancy. Therefore, talk to the doctor about every change happening in the body.
- If you are feeling more symptoms then it is better that you get a doctor checked as soon as possible.
Dr. Sujata Sanjay told that as a precaution, their newborns can be kept separate from the infected women for 14 days. It is suggested not to have breast feeding for the newborn.