As we are going to celebrate this MARCH 8, 2021- the international women’s day, we are honored to thank our grassroots women led organization NLK and their courageous women leaders at grassroots community for they have inspired several women to embrace innovation and creativity and leadership in their community. As the result of the relentless effort for women empowerment many women have transformed themselves from dependents to service providers in their communities. Some of these women have emerged as contributors when it comes to issues in their communities. They are catering to the needs of many deserving members of their community.
The NLK women promise to continue their commitment every day and everywhere to ensure:
- Gender equality their grassroots communities/society
- Nonviolence in relationships and balanced power in relationships between women, men, boys and girls.
- Reduced tolerance towards ignoring violence
- put social pressure on men to be more equitable;
- Provide support to activists speaking out.
- Sharing decision making;
- Sharing household responsibilities include child rearing,
- Improved quality of couple communication;
- Respecting each other’s rights and power;
- Making commitments not to use violence and decrease in use experience of all forms of violence.
Last but not least, we would like to express, our heartfelt thanks, appreciation and gratitude to our international supporters including our world pulse team, community and Sisters for all of support, kindness, encouragement, solidarity with our grassroots women to enable them advance towards their deserved socio, economic and human rights.