On Monday the 29th of February I had the privilege to attend the 3rd Annual Power of Collaboration Summit at the United nations head quarters New York organized by IMPACT LEADERSHIP 21.I was invited by a big sister and friend Constance J.Peak whom I met last year when went to support my sister Chi Yvonne who want on a very powerful panel at last year's event. It was indeed mind-blowing to see that power of collaboration. To see how women with positive vibes could go to any length to create ways of helping other women. The program start at 10 am and ended at 6 p.m and I bet everyone was still glued to their seats. All the talks/speeches from speakers who came in from around the world ( Doctors, lawyers, diplomats, ambassadors, CEOs),was so powerful and inspiring. I took down some notes and wish to share with you.Hope you find just one thing from this event helpful and use it for the greater good of humankind.
- The biggest problem ,barrier or fear to ourselves is us.But once we surmount the courage to drop all the fears and insecurities and venture out in faith, nothing can stop us.
- Most of the time women especially rural women know the problems they face in their communities but all they really need is mentorship. We are encouraged to reach out and find mentees to help them. Never under estimate the power of mentorship. So.So we must really stand up and give mighty hand claps to all our mentors here on World Pulse.Mentors change lives.Lets appreciate them.
- When women with positive vibes come together,they are so strong.Let us be those sisters with positive vibes and echo our strong voices from all the corners of the world.
- Roll your sleeve and lead by holding the shovel first.Get dirty by going to the field.Go to where the women and the problems are. People need to see,feel and hear you.Leading from behind the computer is good but going to where they are is awesome. Find and fix a problem where you live.
- Change is really hard.In order to change something you must first become a champion of that thing you want to change.
- We are all challenged to have each other's back by collaborating.Are we collaborating enough? If no,what are some of the ways to break that ice that is still keeping us from collaborating and helping each other?
- How are you going to use technology in the next twenty years from now to be the change you want to see in the world?
- Technology has given us new tools and materials to work with and create the kind of world we wish to see.However, we must use technology to create change positive change for the support of humanity and not negative.
A Call to Action
- One of the last things at the event on Monday was a call to action. Everyone was given a piece of paper and asked to write one action they will take this year. That said, I know there are so many problems in our communities that we will wish to solve.But we the advice is to zone in and take one task ,one step at a time.So what is that one action step you plan to take this year to be the change you want to see in your community? What do you foresee as an obstacle that could prevent you from taking that step?
- The theme of the event was" Turning Conversations Into Action".So in a world where many girls and women are so consumed in a culture of gossip and comparison,jealousy,envy and bullying,what is that one way you hope to turn those little unnecessary conversations into meaningful and positive actions?
Please share with us?
From yours truly with much love..