The Global Network of Women Peacebuilders (GNWP) is pleased to announce its fifth annual Cora Weiss Fellowship for Young Women Peacebuilders. The Fellowship provides a woman with the opportunities and platforms to elevate the concerns and priorities of women and girls in their country in global policy discussions at the United Nations Headquarters in New York City.
1. To be eligible for the Cora Weiss Fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria: Have a robust understanding of UN Security Council Resolution (UNSCR) 1325 on the Women, Peace, and Security Agenda; UNSCR 2250 on the Youth, Peace, and Security Agenda; the Convention on the - --Elimination of all Forms of Discrimination Against Women; the Sustaining Peace Resolutions; the Sustainable Development Goals; and related laws and policies;
2. Have at least two years’ work experience in policy advocacy on women’s rights, human rights, peacebuilding, and other social justice issues, including the Security Council Resolutions on Women, Peace and Security, and related laws and policies;
3. Have at least two years’ experience in program implementation in a women’s rights, human rights, or peacebuilding civil society organization in a developing country;
4. Have a Bachelor’s degree in international relations, women’s or gender studies, or any of the social sciences;
5. Have lived or worked in a developing or conflict-affected country for at least five years;
6. Full proficiency in English. Since the fellowship will take place in New York, complete proficiency in the English language is a must. Proficiency in any other UN language is a plus.
There are no age restrictions for this Fellowship. However, the Fellowship is designed for candidates who are at early stages in their careers and represent the perspectives of youth in their country.
Checklist of Required Documents:
1. Completed application form in English. The application link given below.
2. A cover letter of no more than 2 pages that explains why you are applying; and how you will use the learning and experience from the Fellowship to support advocacy on women’s rights, gender equality, peace and security in your county.
3. A writing sample of no less than 1,500 words which showcases policy-oriented or academic writing and/or research.
4. Two letters of reference. Reference letters should include how long the writer has known the applicant and in what capacity, comments on the applicant’s potential to make an impact in the field of women, peace and security, and any relevant prior experience.
The deadline for application is July 15th, 2020.
Applications may be sent to: [email protected].
Utilize This Offer
Link to appliction form: https://gnwp.org/wp-content/uploads/Cora-Weiss-Fellowship-Application-Fo...
For more details on the fellowship, click here: https://gnwp.org/wp-content/uploads/Cora-Weiss-Fellowship-Announcement-M...