The Equals in Tech Awards are given every year to organizations and individuals working to help girls and women gain equal internet access, digital skills and opportunities in the tech industry.
The award nomination period will be from 9 June – 1 August 2020. Awards are given in five categories:
- Access - Initiatives related to improving women’s and girls’ digital technology access, connectivity and security
- Skills - Initiatives that support development of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) skills of women and girls
- Leadership in Tech - Initiatives focused on promoting women in decision-making roles within the ICT field
- Leadership in SME - Initiatives promoting women’s leadership in technology SMEs
- Research - Initiatives prioritizing research on gender digital divides and producing reliable evidence to tackle diversity issues within STEM and computing fields.
In August, a group of finalists will be identified by the judging panel and those finalists will be promoted widely on our networks. The winners in each category will be announced in the autumn at a venue to be determined.
NOMINATION DEADLINE: 01 August 2020