The circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic have disrupted the striving of women and LGBTIQ+ activists worldwide. The Global Feminist Pitch will give eight feminists the opportunity to implement their project ideas on the theme of "Feminist Resilience and Resistance on Social Media”.
In order to adapt to these challenges and overcome them, the global feminist movement needs a new generation of intersectional feminists who will find innovative ways to demonstrate their resilience and resistance. In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, social media has proven as a powerful instrument – to share disinformation, discriminate, and exclude, as well as to provide inclusive spaces for the sharing of experiences, solidarity, and mobilization.
- You are between 18 and 28 years old
- You come from the Global East and South
- You have a good command of English language
- You have a good command of social media
- You have a feminist background and want to contribute to gender justice
Eight feminists from the Global East and South with the best project proposals, budget and introductions will be selected to participate in the Global Feminist Pitch.
The eight feminists will receive:
- the agreed honorarium as a compensation for the implementation of their project ideas;
- the assistance of the Global Unit for Feminism and Gender Democracy;
- the possibility to give a presentation about their project by the end of the project period;
- the possibility to participate in an online workshop;
- the possibility to continue their projects independently.
Utilize This Offer
You are interested and think you meet the expectations? Send your resume, your project proposal with a budget, and a creative introduction in a format of your preference to [email protected]. The project proposal should include details about the background, relevance and the goal of the project idea, as well as the planned milestones, expected outcome, and proposed budget in the form of a finance plan.
The submission deadline is midnight CET on May 15, 2021.