Achievements So Far
Just two months into the development of this initiative in the area, Mano Vuelta has had some important achievements in all areas, in addition to those it shares in food and essentials with all the other initiatives in the South Caribbean.
• Has designed a strategy that has bridged the gap between food assistance and reactivation of local economy
• C2,350,000.00 in direct twinning, deposited in warehouses have been converted into a total of 120 bags of food and an additional 84 bags received from a donation, with a total of 204 bags of food distributed.
• 19 “twinnings”, each providing two months in food contribution, from which 15 productive ventures arose.
• 10 additional adults and their families receiving food sporadically according to their needs, some with terminal cancer and others without possibilities to work due to age.
• 904 bags of food including 300 bags of rice (half a ton) and 400 bags of sugar (half a ton)
• Total: 29 adults and their families twined directly
• 15 new economic and cultural revival projects
• 4 local food warehouses involved, providing discounts, care measures in deliveries, resource management and discounts
• 6 donor companies involved
• 1 charity association involved
• 4 adults and 3 young people organizing the initiative
• coordination and sharing with all other local campaigns
• Media coverage in radio, press and networks, focused on brotherhood and self-activation linked to welfare
• Bartering between indigenous highland population and coastal communities promoted
• Having integrated immediate food, linked to the regeneration of local production and eventual tourism
• Having managed with the National Institute of Fisheries (INCOPESCA) the permits to fish in this period
• Activated an empowerment of hope and agency of elder population
• Production of a calypso and a rap