The application process for the Young Leaders Program - as well as youth scholarships to attend the Women Deliver 2016 Conference - is now open!
The Young Leaders Program is a three-year fellowship program for young people (under the age of 30) who are passionate about maternal, sexual, and reproductive health and rights.
Women Deliver works to develop the skills of youth advocates through our online learning communities, seed grant funding, and high-level networking and media opportunities. In addition to being awarded a full scholarship to attend the Women Deliver 2016 Conference on 16-19 May 2016 in Copenhagen, Denmark, Young Leaders will also have the opportunity to:
- Participate in capacity-building e-learning opportunities that cover sexual and reproductive health and rights issues, advocacy, communications, proposal writing, project management, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Apply for seed grant funding to implement a community-based project.
- Make connections with a wide range of people working in the field, including high-level policymakers, donors, and journalists.
- Join a network of former and current Young Leaders as well as professional mentors to increase advocacy around sexual and reproductive health and rights in their home countries.
- Attend a two-day youth pre-conference workshop on advocacy around maternal health, with a focus on communications and new technologies, and serve as a youth representative at the conference.
While the total time required to fully participate in the Young Leaders Program depends on the individual, Young Leaders should expect to commit an average of up to 10 hours per week.
To apply for the Young Leaders Program, fill out the application here.
Youth Scholarships to attend the Women Deliver 2016 Conference are awarded to incredible youth advocates, under the age of 30, who are working to advance the health, rights, and well-being of girls and women in their community and around the world.
This opportunity includes:
- A scholarship to attend the conference in Copenhagen, Denmark in May 2016
- A chance to serve as a youth representative at the conference and connect with the wide range of policymakers, donors, activists, and journalists in attendance
To apply for a youth scholarship, fill out the application here.
The deadline to apply for both opportunities is March 1, 2015.
Have a question? Check out the "Frequently Asked Questions" here.
Please note that a passport and visa may be needed to enter Denmark. Women Deliver will cover the costs of obtaining the visa and provide supporting documentation, if needed.
Scholarships to attend the conference for people over the age of 30 will open on March 1.