We are so excited that you decided to continue your leadership journey with the World Pulse community and that you will be joining dozens of your peers in this exciting and challenging Voices of Our Future (VOF) training opportunity.
As required in the Step 2 of your VOF application, you need to write and respond to the prompts for two writing assignments, My Journey and My Assets Map.
Please write the two samples as two separated journal posts in your World Pulse account. Read the instructions and prompts below to complete your journals:
Journal #1: My Journey
Please write a personal journal post in your World Pulse journals that is a minimum of 200 words long and title it “My Journey”
This is your opportunity to write a personal post telling your story and describing your leadership journey. Please write your post using the following questions as guidelines:
- Where do you come from?
- What can you tell us about your family and your community?
- What is a big challenge you are facing right now? What is an issue women face in your community that you would like to change?
- What are some actions you are already taking to change the circumstances?
- What actions would you like to take?
- Who are you supporting with your actions? Who is supporting you?
- What resources or skills do you need to continue successfully?
- What else would you like the world to know about yourself?
Journal # 2: My Assets Map
Please write a personal journal post in your World Pulse journals that is a minimum of 200 words long and title it “My Assets Map”
Think about and map your personal and community assets. Once you have identified the resources and assets available to you, please write your reflection post using the following questions as guidelines:
- Name one or more hopes and/or dreams you have for yourself and your community.
- What skills are you most proud of? How can you use these skills?
- What are the places in your community that inspire you? Where do you feel safe?
- Who do you ask for advice on how to navigate through school, life, etc.? Why do you go to that person?
- How might you use some of your resources to help you address an issue you are passionate about?
Note: Once you are finished writing and posting your journals, please copy the entire link address and paste them on the spaces provided in Step 2 of the Voices of Our Future application.
We are looking forward to working closely with you and to listening to your visions for the future. Please complete all your VOF application by 31 January, 2016 and send it to email@example.com. Feel free to contact us with any questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can access the application as a Word document here.
You can access the application as a Google Form here.
The World Pulse team.