This training was organized to educate adolescents living with HIV/AIDS and women with disabilities on the inter-relation of disability and HIV/AIDS. In our community, these specific categories of persons face high degree of stigma, marginalization, discrimination and exclusion from participating from daily community live. The Community Association for Vulnerable Persons (CAVP) works to enhance their empowerment, improve self-esteem and build confidence for them all.
During this workshop they were taught on
- Gender based violence (GBV)
- Causes of gender based violence
- How GBV affects disability and HIV/AIDS
- Types of gender based violence
- Aspects of violence related to adolescents
- Teen Dating Violence
- Consequences of violence
- What can be done to stop GBV?
- Build self-confidence
- Things You Can Do to Boost Self-Confidence
- Factors that can have an effect on your self-esteem (Stigma)
- Types of Self-Esteem
- How to improve my self-esteem
- One new thing they learn during this workshop was how to use their digital tools and access life changing opportunities. They all have access to android phones and could only use them for communication among themselves. They did not know that through their android phones they can network and access opportunities that will change their live. This was focused on Teen Dating Violence and Cyber-bullying. They were taught on staying safe online.
- We now have monthly digital sessions that will continue to educate them on various ways they can use their digital to be empowered, improve on their livelihood and prevent gender based violence