1 March 2018
While I was away from the girls I prepared the questionnaire and made and appointment with the girls to teach them basic research and discuss about the questionnaire. The next day after I arrived in, I went to the girls for the appointment and I could see only a few of them because some of them had already started working soon after the final exam. And they were not motivated quite much and seen lack of confidence. I understood that it was the first time for them to interview adults and also the first time for the adults to have an interview from girls too. Then I explained how the campaign benefit them and, I started the first step of the campaign by discussing about the questions in the questionnaire and answered their questions. Then I suggested them practice the questionnaire and made the appointment for the next day when there was an opportunity of meeting more girls who would come to school for an occasion.
2 March 2018
As I expected, I met more girls this time and they were more motivated because girls from the first day had already practiced interviewing and they also explained the other girls about the campaign too. As planned I taught them the rules of a research and discussed about eh questions with all of them and answer the questions. Following questions are some of interesting questions from them;
- What if the people said we are just a child and not keen on having an interviewing with us?
- What if we don’t get the answers we expect from them?
- Some boys are also interested to go to the engineering schools like us, can they join our preparing class for the entrance?
- My mother was very excited with my opportunity and that would be more helpful if you can meet her .She invites you to our little house.
- My sister also wants to take the opportunity, is it possible?
Then we discussed the questions as follows;
- We have been attending girls trainings for four years for girls empowerment. Now we want to start our commitment for the community and want to know your ideas .
- It doesn’t matter although we don’t get the answers we expected. We must not judge their judge. It is good to know their opinion .But we need to explain well about the opportunity of their daughters’ better educationprogram.
- Tellthe boys they could go the engineering schools like girls and we can give them good advice but we could now provide the assistance just for the girls to go to engineering schools.
- I am very glad to meet your mom and I like her encouragement. I will visit he next week.
- Yes , your sister is very welcometo our campaign.
Then, the girls were very excited and they said they were ready to start the interview and they would do it that day and the next day.
Then we made an appointment to meet on Sunday and it is excited to know what will happen.
Let’s wish them good luck !