my journey with a 9 year stroke has kept me wondering why more women get Strokes. I am not a health expert but falling I'll with A left side Schesmic stroke at the tender age of 39 and seeing many other women older and younger than me suffering same fate have left me wondering why more women suffer strokes as compared to men
Looking at my own situation and talking to other victims I found out the following
(1) that women don't take out time to relsx.from dawn they start getting busy with running the home.and even the working class women will rush between running the home and going to work. By the time they get back home in the evenning exhausted they get to the routine of fixing dinner ,checking kids homework and planning for the next day whereas their working class husbands relax infront of the TV to watch the news and some Champion league football.
All these activities she is busy with accumulated to STress with time which results to High Blood pressure and Diabetese, favourable factors for STROKES.
(2) the Society especially my African society endorses the excesses of Men. And once they feel pressure at home. They run outside to vent in Beer Palours or to Side Chics who help relieve their Stress and leave a 50 year old man feeling like a 20 year old.
(3) Most Women do not go to the hospital for routine checks. I talked to many who confessed that hospital check are for the rich and a sheer waste of money. Who on earth doesn't need maintenance? Even after driving our cars for some times we take it to the mechanics for checking.the human body needs such treatments too. I remember on the fateful day of 28/1]/2012 when I had a Stroke. I was having a headache in the afternoon I still managed to cook because I had to get food ready for my two little girls then 7 and 9 and for their dad. If I had rushed to the hospital instead they could have arrested a problem that has deprived me of 9 years of my beautiful life.
(4) I came to find out that many women do not excercise. In my journey through stroke rehabilitation I find so many men at the Gyms doing workouts and trying to keep fit but very few ladies.
(5) I have come to realise than most men eat healthier than women a man will decide to buy some healthy Roasted fish or chicken to eat and feel satisfied whereas madam will prefer to use that same amount of money to cook a huge pot of nonsense to satisfy the entire family anyways ladies i don't blame us on this it is in our define nature and responsibility to cater for our families.
After listing all the above it is time to suggest some measures to fix us the women which is what i try to do in my NGO ARISE WOMEN 4 HEALTH
(1) ladies make sure you find time between your busy schedules to Rest. 30 mins of sleep during the day can zfix your health.
(2) include Hang Out with friends about ONCE a week. To relax and talk. Laughter heals. Drink some Juice ,Water or anything and just talk and laugh like Shool Girls it cures Stress and reboots your immune System
(3) Excercise. You don't necessary have to pay money in a gym. Walk about 3 days a week for 30 mins. You will feel relaxed and younger
(4) Eat.Healthy Meals Veggies and Fruits are not that expensive. Include about 3 servings in your daily meals and you will feel the difference.
Especially in all this dangerous Pandemic we need Healthy Women to make the Change we all need.
With love # in Sisterhood# lOVE US ALL.