The State of the Union Coalition (SOTU) welcomes entries from all over Africa in four categories. Winners receive prizes, and their winning photographs will be used in a SOTU publication: “Our Africa, Our Rights,” to commemorate African Year of Human Rights. The overall winner will win $500 and have their photograph used as the cover of the SOTU publication in addition will be awarded a fully-funded trip to a SOTU regional event. Deadline: March 7, 2016 at 23.59 (East African Time).
- African citizens based in Africa can enter the contest.
- SOTU secretariat and coalition staff and judges are not allowed to enter the contest.
- Entries may have been taken from any camera, film (as scanned slides) or digital
- Each individual can only upload an image into one category. But the overall winner will be selected from the categories.Categories are:
- Women leading and contributing to society as key players
- Africa rising – imagery of positive developments and economic group
- African landscape and nature
- Youth Category: (Only for persons 18-30 years old) Photography of youth e.g. youth empowerment or youth movement or youth at play or at work
By submitting, the entrant warrants that the entry is their original work and they have not infringed on another rights or copyright.
How to Apply: Photograph Submission and details of how to apply, please visit: http://bit.ly/1WI7dA6 Deadline: 7 March 2016