TEACHKIDSTECH is a Project designed to teach 200 children in 2 public primary schools how to use technology’s tools and to drive an online awareness campaign for the need to teach children technology in schools.
The list of digital tools is never ending and the world is growing fast towards Technology and Media. But for children in public primary schools, inadequate access to technology can hinder them from learning the tech skills that are crucial to success in today’s economy.
The goal of this project is to teach 200 children digital literacy skills in 5 weeks. Using a designed outline, the children and volunteers will meet once a week with different devices;
- Laptop - Mobile Phones – Tablets to learn about technology and media.
This Project takes on two approaches, the first stage is the recruitment at least 50 online volunteer
They will be involved in;
1. An online tweethaton with two Tech Professional who will speak about the need to teach children in public primary schools technology.
2. They will participate in an online awareness campaign where they upload a picture of themselves carrying a white paper with #TeachKidsTech boldly written.
The next phase is the on-site training with 40 volunteers;
1. They will be matched with 5 children each and they will teach them once every week for 5 weeks.
We believe that digital literacy is as important as English and Math.
At the end of the Project,
- At least 50 volunteers would involved in an online digital awareness campaign on the use technology and teaching children technology
- 200 Children will be taught basic use of the computer and technology tools.
- 40 volunteers will be involved in the 5 weeks training for 200 children
- 2 Tech Experts will be on a tweethaton to discuss the need to introduce digital literacy in our primary schools.