Almost 25 years ago I made a change in my life to walk away from violence. Hurt and troubled it took me a long time to speak about it. To not be angry including with myself. To reconcile myself. To understand that the root causes of violence were not me.
Today I am looking ahead to a new 25 years:
- Grateful for the Feminist and Women's Rights Movement that has enabled a culture of legal rights and protection;
- A Feminist Faith community, including male faith leaders, who are willing to be transformative;
- Women-led media platforms like World Pulse that engage, enable, empower and amplify;
- Women's funds that mobilise the investment in our Feminist and Women Peacebuilders campaigns;
- Civil society allies who amplify our call to #redesignthetable so we can transform structures that perpetuate violence to Infrastructures of peace
- I uplift the work of sisters from the various movements who willingly bring our learning and experiences together to co-create Feminist Coalitions
I stand with other mothers and survivors, sisters and daughters committed to transform our pain into processes of leadership and claiming the spaces for Sustainable Peace and Nonviolence.