We live in a connected world with unprecedented access to a vast arrays of digital information and experiences. The use of digital technology continues to transform how we live and work. The on-going adoption of new advances in technology has become more essential to living and working in the 21st century.
In today’s globalized knowledge-based economy, individuals increasingly need skills not only to intelligently consume information and ideas, but also to design and create new information and ideas using digital technologies. Using a broad palette of digital technologies we can engage with ideas in new and innovative ways that were not possible before now. In addition, through using these digital technologies, we can connect with and build relationships with a wider network of people.
This enables us to understand our world in a deeper way through engaging with a multitude of perspectives. Because it is only by engaging with and being challenged by others that we begin to truly understand ourselves and the world we live in. Given the extensive use, the young people, even adults make use of digital technologies in their world in and outside of the classrooms. We need to ensure that they can understand and use these technologies in powerful ways to learn and make sense of the world they live in. While digital technologies are becoming increasingly common in classrooms and learning environments, they are often used to present or consume information rather than to transform learning experiences.
The primary objective of the 21st digiskillz int'l is to design an innovative learning experiences so that young people, women, girls, men, boys, schools and communities will have an enthusiastic attitude, technological drive, thinking out of box to develops the future ready skills not only to evaluate and analyze information and ideas, but also to design and create a new information and ideas using a wide range of digital technologies.
Before the launching of my initiative, the following were seriously considered, deliberated upon and progressed into action:
1. The recruited Keynote Speakers with expert knowledge in the Education Technology and History were to bring Focus to the Initiative.
2. Recruited actual global educators who are making a difference in their classroom by incorporating 21st Digital Skills into everyday practice.
3. Officially Announced Ambassadors to grow the audience reach of the initiative.
4. Officially Launched 21st Digi-Skillz with an International Webinar to promotes the SDG's goal #4 which is quality Education. It was live on Face book.
Summary of the live event:
1. Over 300 people registered worldwide for this international webinar/launching of my initiative to marked birthday.
2. Location: 45 countries Across the globe (People from 45 countries were in attendance)
4. Responses: 123 responses via google form
5. Feedback: 91 feedback via google form and 35 feedback via Video recording on Flipgrid platform (still ongoing)
6. The following were in the attendance:
a. Participants (The targeted audience) - Certificate of participation
b. Keynote speakers - Certificate of Excellence
c. Guest speakers - Certificate appreciation
d. The first cohort of 21st digiskillz ambassadors (ambassadors across the globe) - Ambassador certificate
e. Moderator, media/publicist - Certificates on their various roles played
d. Host/Founder - Uche Lin Okpala (Featured change maker)
Just be on the look out for more updates.
Thank you all.