Several times I heard words from the community that a woman is to be guided and has no chance to lead,This statement kept my consciousness for a long time when the right time came I realized it was one of the ways in which the patriarchy was planning to undermine the power that a woman has if she is given leadership.
To get rid of the negative thoughts of incompetence I started tracking women leaders and in households where women and men are equal in the division of responsibilities,Tanzanian vice president mama Samia suluhu, education minister Joyce Ndalichako and health minister Ummy Mwalimu guide me from failure to victory.they answered the question that a woman is a one-man army by looking at the responsibilities she has but is willing to fulfill them all.
I started the neighborhood where I live by encouraging women to have a support group in times of trouble and comfort,where every week we met to discuss and find solutions to the challenges we face as well as to save a small amount of money for health. I succeeded to a large extent the response was positive.I saw the power of persuasion I had put under the bed and I got the idea to go to high school and I got a chance no one said you are a woman you can't.
I realized that if a woman is empowered the following results will be seen in the world
- love, peace, tranquility, humility, unity and solidarity
- growth in household output
- baby girl and boys get basic needs equally
- There will be no child marriage
- No gender disparity at household, community as well as nation
action plan for women Empowerment
- Encourage women that they can,let her feel she is special and strong (Community have to do so)
- Shut Down Negativity Lift women up by taking a stance against negative comments online, at the office, in school, and wherever you go. Combat negativity by promoting body positivist, intelligence, and authenticity. Don’t be afraid to shut down negativity directly and honestly, your fellow females will appreciate you, Social media has opened the floor for men, and sometimes other women to circulate negative comments about women’s appearances( the government,agency of human rights and community at large)
- Advocate for Female Colleagues For example, if you see them experiencing unfair treatment in a meeting, or on a paycheck, say something.Women must work together to empower one another in the workplace. Work as a positive and powerful team, and you’ll make things move.( government,community)
- Having access to clean water in rural areas women travel long distances to find unsafe water so it prevents them from engaging in developmental activities but is dangerous to their health. along the way they may encounter rapists or wild animals (government and other agency)
- Fight against injustice Stand up for women’s rights ( government,community and other agency)
Say thank you, give and accept compliments, and help out the women around you. Show the women in your life how much you appreciate them by sending a thank you card, giving them a compliment, or simply telling them what they mean to you.(community me and you)