International Insider pursues its statutory mission by sharing a free course that has been developed and peer-reviewed through the One UN CC:Learn. Participation to the online course is free of charge.This is an great opportunity for students aiming at improving their knowledge about Climate Change . The main features of this course are:
- It is reliable, because it has been peer-reviewed by the UN Climate Change Learning Partnership.
- It awards a Certificate of Completion.
- It is easy to follow, because it is online.
- It is free.
The Introductory Course is structured around 6 Modules, each taking an average of two hours.
The Modules are:
- Climate Change Science
- International Legal and Policy Framework for Climate Change
- Climate Change Adaptation
- Climate Change Mitigation and Low Carbon Development
- Climate Change Finance
- Climate Change Governance and Planning
At the end of each Module, attendants will be prompted to a short assessment test. At the end of the course, successful attendants will receive a Certificate of Completion. Participants can take some stand alone Module, but they must take all 6 Modules in order to receive the Certificate.
To help with the preparation of the lecture, it is possible to download power point presentations. The software works with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
You will be redirected to the UN CC:Learn e-Learning Platform, On the first access you will be asked to create an account. Registration is free and allows you to keep record of your course, manage your Modules, and get a certificate after the completion of the 6 Modules.