We need your application by 1 May the latest!
Are you a journalist from a low or low-middle country and passionate about water and development? Apply for the World Water Week Journalist Grant!
SIWI offers three journalists from low or low-middle income nations the opportunity to visit Stockholm and World Water Week which takes place between 28 August – 2 September 2016. Apply now!
The World Water Week Journalist Grant covers:
- Round-trip air ticket to Stockholm, Sweden
- Public (or equivalent) transport between airport and hotel on arrival and departure
- Registration fee for World Water Week in Stockholm
- Certain social events during World Water Week in Stockholm
- Hotel stay during World Water Week in Stockholm
- Meals on half board during World Water Week in Stockholm
The World Water Week Journalist Grant doesnotcover:
- Visa, and visa-related costs
- Any insurances
- Transport in Stockholm (excluding public transport to and from Arlanda airport)
- Any extras
Who is eligible to apply?
- You must be a citizen of a nation listed as a low- or low-middle income country by the World Bank. See which countries that are eligible in this list.
- You must be an employee of a media outlet in your country (newspaper, magazine, radio, TV, recognized digital publication) or be able to show proof of continuous freelance journalism activities during the past three years.
- You must have a documented interest in water- and water related issues.
- Since the official language of World Water Week is English, you need to be able to work in English, even if you publish stories in another language.
Read the stories by last year’s winnershere.
How to enter:
Send us an application, by email only, [email protected], no later thanSunday 1 May, 2016. The application must be in English and include the following:
- Attachments containing, orfunctioninglinks to, a minimum of three articles/pieces on water or water-related issues, published in the past three years (2013-2016).
- A brief CV
- A motivation letter (why you want to visit the World Water Week) of maximum 400 words
We will notify Grant winners in June, 2016. For more information about World Water Week in Stockholm, please visitwww.worldwaterweek.org