World Pulse is thrilled to launch the 2011 World Pulse LIVE speaking tour this October! Can't attend the events in Portland, New York, or Denver? Don’t worry—there are other ways to be involved. Tune in to a live webcast at the US State Department, join a Tweetup to connect with the correspondents in real-time, or follow us on Facebook to get updates from the road! Get to know Martha, Sarvina, and Beatrice, the three incredible women representing the energy and optimism of the World Pulse community. Coming to the US for the first time, these grassroots change leaders and Voices of Our Future correspondents from Colombia, Cambodia, and Uganda will reveal how they are harnessing the power of new media and technology to change lives and create solutions on the frontlines of today’s most pressing issues. In fact, you may have already connected with them on PulseWire.
Representing their fellow PulseWire members, they will speak out on issues affecting their communities to audiences across the United States, from Portland, Oregon to Washington, DC. You can join the tour virtually as they blog about their experiences on PulseWire.
Also on tour are World Pulse Founder and CEO, Jensine Larsen, and Development Associate and tour chaperone extraordinaire, Ellie Angelova, who will capture the excitement of the journey on and off the stage with behind-the-scenes updates and photos to our Facebook page.
The World Pulse team invites you to participate in the tour from afar and engage directly with the correspondents.
Follow the tour through our social media channels: PulseWire, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Like us on Facebook, to get tour updates and photos from the road.
- Follow us on Twitter, to join the online buzz!
- Follow along on PulseWire as Beatrice, Martha, Sarvina, and Jensine post reflections from the road in their PulseWire journals.
Engage with the correspondents online:
- Thursday, October 6, 9:00-10:00am PT: Tweetup and Q&A Log on to Twitter and engage in a live “tweetup” with the correspondents by following the #WPLive trending tag
- Thursday, October 20, 7:30-9:00am ET: Global Digital Broadcast Click here to log in as a guest to the live webcast panel discussion at the U.S. Department of State.
- Send well wishes, questions, or other messages via your PulseWire account, using the tag WPLive
Meet the Correspondents:
Martha Llano, Colombia: “I want to make a network in every country and bring changes in people’s lives. The power of words is the key to shake the world.”
Follow and engage with Martha as she shares her experiences on the tour:
Sarvina Kang, Cambodia: “I believe we can harness technology to inspire and empower women worldwide, building their inner strength with skills that will last a lifetime.”
Follow and engage with Sarvina as she shares her experiences on the tour:
Beatrice Achieng, Uganda: "If I did not find world pulse, I would still be boiling, my voice was always indoors, burning, longing for a way out. I am grateful I found not only a channel but listeners too. I will speak for change to my very last breath."
Follow and engage with Beatrice as she shares her experiences on the tour: