Welcome to the World Pulse website! We are dedicated to creating a community that is governed by integrity, authenticity and respect for all voices. World Pulse ("WP", "we", "us" or "our") owns and operates the World Pulse website ("Site") and provides the services offered through the Site ("Services") subject to these Terms of Service ("TOS"). Please be aware that by registering with and/or otherwise using the Site, including any Services, you agree to be bound by these TOS.
1. Acceptance of Terms
These TOS may be updated by us from time to time without notice to you. You can review the most current version of these TOS at any time at . We recommend that you check back here from time to time to review the most current version of these TOS. If you do not agree to these TOS, please do not register with and/or otherwise use the Site or the Services.
When using certain Services you may be subject to posted guidelines or rules applicable to those Services, which are in addition to these TOS. All such additional guidelines and rules are hereby incorporated by reference into these TOS.
2. Description of Services
The Site (including the Services) may include third party advertisements. Additionally, after registering with the Site you may receive certain communications from WP, including service announcements and administrative messages, and you will not be able to opt out of receiving these communications unless you terminate your registration with the Site. To terminate your registration, please contact us at email@example.com. You may access the Site without registering, but you will not be able to take advantage of certain features of the Site; for example, you will not be able to post any Content (defined below) without registering.
You are responsible for obtaining access to the Site (including all Services), and said access may involve third party fees (such as Internet service provider and/or airtime charges). You are solely responsible for payment of those fees. In addition, you must provide and are responsible for all equipment necessary to access the Site (including all Services). The Site (including all Services) are provided "AS-IS" and WP assumes no responsibility for the operation of the Site (including all Services), including without limitation the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery and/or failure to store any communications and/or personalization settings on the Site (and/or the Services).
3. Your Registration Obligations
Should you choose to register with the Site, you are required to: (a) provide accurate, current and complete information about yourself, as prompted by the Site registration form ("Registration Data") and (b) maintain and promptly update, as necessary, the Registration Data to keep it accurate, current and complete. WP may, in its sole discretion and without notice to you, suspend or terminate your registration or your use of all or any part of the Site (including all or part of any and all Services) at any time and for any reason, including without limitation if you provide any Registration Data and/or other information that is inaccurate, not current and/or incomplete, or if WP has reasonable grounds to suspect that you have provided any Registration Data and/or other information that is inaccurate, not current and/or incomplete.
WP is concerned about the safety and privacy of all Site (and Services) users, particularly children. For this reason, persons under the age of 14 are prohibited from registering with and/or otherwise using the Site (including any Services) without supervision by a parent or legal guardian. Please remember that the Site (including the Services) is designed to appeal to a broad audience. Accordingly, parents and legal guardians are solely responsible for determining whether the Site (including the Services), in whole or in part, is appropriate for persons under the age of 14.
4. Registered User Account, Password, and Security
You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password and other login information you use in connection with the Site (including any Services), and you are solely responsible for all activities that occur in connection with said password. For that reason we recommend that you sign out of the Site at the end of each session of your use of the Site. You are required to immediately notify WP of any unauthorized use of your password, other login information and/or other account details, and/or of any breach of security that you become aware of or have reasonable grounds to suspect, in connection with the Site (including any Services). WP will not be liable for any loss, damage or other harm arising from your failure to comply with this Section 4.
6. Permissible Content and Site (and Services) Usage
All information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages and other material that is uploaded, posted, emailed, transmitted and/or otherwise made available through the Site (including the Services), whether publicly or privately (collectively, "Content"), is the sole responsibility of the person or entity that made said Content available. This means that you, and not WP, are entirely responsible for all Content that you have made available through the Site (including the Services). WP does not endorse the opinions expressed in any Content that it has not authored, nor does WP guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any Content whatsoever. You understand that by using the Site (including the Services), you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent, objectionable, inaccurate, not current and/or incomplete. Under no circumstances will WP be liable to you in any way for any Content, including without limitation for any of the opinions expressed in any Content, errors or omissions in any Content, and/or loss, damage or other harm incurred as a result of the publication and/or use of any Content.
The purpose of the Site is to provide users with a forum with which to communicate their opinions and experiences and connect around issues important to them. For WP to carry out this mission, it is important that all users of the Site respect one another. With that in mind, please refrain from using the Site in a manner that overtaxes the Site’s bandwidth or otherwise makes it difficult for other users to access the Site and/or any Services, communicate on the Site and/or use any Services.
Additionally, you may not use the Site (including the Services) to:
- upload, post, email, transmit and/or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, abusive, harassing, threatening, pornographic, obscene, vulgar, profane, hateful, incites violence, false or misleading, invasive of another's privacy, and/or racially, ethnically, religiously or otherwise objectionable, all as solely determined by WP;
- defame other persons and/or entities in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity, including without limitation a WP staff member and/or forum moderator, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content (unless done in order to protect your safety and/or security);
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you are prohibited from making available by law and/or under a contractual or fiduciary relationship (such as inside information and/or proprietary and confidential information learned as part of an employment relationship or under a nondisclosure agreement);
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright and/or other proprietary right of WP or any third party;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any advertising, promotional material, junk mail, spam, chain letter, pyramid scheme, or solicitation, without express authorization from WP and/or the recipient, as applicable (except that WP does allow the posting of advertising and promotional material in support of women’s empowerment, as determined by WP in its sole discretion, exclusively on the Resource Exchange section of the Site);
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses and/or any other computer code, file or program designed to interrupt, destroy and/or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- disrupt or otherwise interfere with the Site, including without limitation any servers and/or networks connecting to the Site, and/or disobey any policies or procedures of servers and/or networks connecting to the Site;
- flood the Site with Content or otherwise overtax the servers and/or the Site’s bandwidth in a manner likely to detract from, impede or otherwise interfere with the operation and/or purpose of the Site;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national and/or international law; and/or
- "stalk" or otherwise harass another person and/or entity; and/or collect and/or store personal information about Site users.
We are under no obligation to screen or monitor Content, but we may review Content from time to time at our sole discretion to review compliance with these TOS. We will make all determinations as to what Content is appropriate in our sole discretion. We may include, edit or remove any Content at any time without notice. We may employ automated monitoring devices or techniques to protect our users from mass unsolicited communications (also known as "spam") and/or other types of electronic communications that we deem objectionable. Such devices or techniques are not perfect, and we will not be responsible for any legitimate communication that is blocked, or for any unsolicited communication that is not blocked. Mailboxes may have a limited storage capacity. If you exceed the maximum permitted storage space, we may employ automated devices that delete or block email messages that exceed the limit. We will not be responsible for such deleted or blocked messages.
You may not access the Site (or the Services) by any means other than the interface provided by WP for accessing the Site (and the Services).
7. International Use
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you are required to comply with all local rules of every jurisdiction where the Site (including the Services) is available regarding online conduct and acceptable Content. Specifically, and among other things, you are required to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of personally identifiable data and other types of data exported from the United States, from the country in which you reside, and/or from the country in which you use the Site (including the Services).
8. Content Ownership
WP does not claim ownership of Content you make available through and/or for inclusion on the Site (including the Services). However, with respect to Content you make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Site, you hereby grant to WP the worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable and fully sublicensable right to distribute, reproduce, publish, publicly display, publicly perform, modify, adapt, translate, and otherwise use such Content (in whole or in part), and to incorporate such Content (in whole or in part) into other materials in any format or medium now known or later developed, (and/or to give third parties the right to do so), in any and all manner to promote WP’s mission, in WP's sole discretion, without notice, payment or other obligation to you of any kind. WP maintains a protocol to ensure that its and/or any third party’s authorized use of Content is appropriate. Where practicable and appropriate, WP will provide attribution to you as the author of Content, unless you notify us in writing upon submission of the Content that you would prefer to remain anonymous. Although WP maintains a protocol to provide attribution for Content and maintain anonymity for Content, as applicable, WP will have no liability for any inadvertent failure to provide attribution to you for any Content for which you were seeking attribution, and/or any inadvertent attribution of authorship to you for any Content for which you provided notice requesting to remain anonymous. Without limiting the foregoing, WP may, in its sole discretion, choose to spotlight or otherwise make more prominent certain Content (or portions or edited versions thereof) on the Site. However, WP’s decision to spotlight or otherwise make more prominent any Content will not render WP the author of any such Content.
10. No Misuse of Site (and Services)
Except as otherwise expressly set forth in these TOS, you will not reproduce, sell, or otherwise use all or any part of the Site (including the Services and any Content that you have not authored) for any purpose, without the prior express written permission of WP. Without limiting the foregoing in any way, please be aware that the Site (including the Services) is made available to you solely for your personal non-commercial use, unless otherwise expressly permitted by WP.
11. General Practices Regarding Site (and Services) Use
WP may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Site (including the Services), including without limitation setting a maximum number of days that email messages, postings and/or other Content will be retained by the Site, the maximum number of email messages that may be sent and/or received by a Site registrant, the maximum size of any email messages that may be sent and/or received by a Site registrant, the maximum disk space that will be allotted on WP's servers on behalf of a Site registrant, and the maximum number of times (and the maximum duration for which) a user may access the Site (and/or any particular Service(s)) in a given period of time. WP will have no responsibility or liability for its storage, failure to store, and/or deletion of all or part of any Content. WP may log out accounts and/or terminate Site registrations (without notice) that are inactive for an extended period of time, in its sole discretion.
12. Modifications to Site (and/or Services and/or Content)
WP may modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, all or part of the Site (including any or all Services, and any or all Content) without notice to you. WP shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension and/or discontinuance of all or any part of the Site (including any or all Services, and any or all Content), and/or your access thereto and/or use thereof.
The Site may display (including as provided by third parties) links to other websites not owned or operated by WP. Because WP has no control over such sites WP is not responsible for the availability or non-availability of such sites, and WP does not endorse and is not responsible for any content (including without limitation any goods and/or services) available, directly or indirectly, through such sites. Further, WP shall not be responsible for any damage, loss or other harm arising from use of or reliance on any content (including without limitation any goods and/or services) available, directly or indirectly, through such sites. WP encourages you to carefully review the policies of any such sites that you access.
14. Dealings with Advertisers and Other Third Parties on the Site
Your correspondence and/or other dealings with (including without limitation your participation in promotions of) advertisers and other third parties found, directly or indirectly, through the Site, including the Services (including without limitation payment for, receipt of and/or use of any third party goods and/or services), and any terms, conditions, warranties and/or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such third parties. WP shall not be responsible for any loss, damage or other harm of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such third parties on the Site.
15. WP's Proprietary Rights
The Site (including the Services) contains proprietary information and material owned by WP and/or its licensors, which is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. Additionally, Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent and/or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized by WP in writing or by another owner of any Content, as applicable, you may not distribute, reproduce, publish, publicly display, publicly perform, modify, adapt, translate, sell, and otherwise use that Content (in whole or in part), and/or incorporate that Content (in whole or in part) into any other material. Further, you may not remove, obscure or change any copyright, trademark, hyperlink or other proprietary rights notice provided on the Site. Nothing provided on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any right to use any Content, unless explicitly and unambiguously stated. The restrictions set forth in this Section 15 are in addition to the restrictions set forth in Section 10 of these TOS. Be aware that in the event that you misuse any Content in violation of these TOS, WP and/or any third party rightsholder of that Content may enforce its rights to the fullest extent of the law, including by seeking criminal prosecution against you.
17. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
- YOUR USE OF THE SITE (INCLUDING ALL SERVICES AND CONTENT) IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. WP EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- WP MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SITE (INCLUDING ANY SERVICES OR CONTENT) WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE SITE (INCLUDING ANY SERVICES OR CONTENT) WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE (INCLUDING ANY SERVICES OR CONTENT) WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY GOODS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE (INCLUDING ANY SERVICES OR CONTENT) WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND (v) ANY ERRORS IN THE SITE (INCLUDING ANY SERVICES OR CONTENT) WILL BE CORRECTED.
- ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, THROUGH THE SITE (INCLUDING ANY SERVICES OR CONTENT) IS OBTAINED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND SOLE RISK, AND YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM, LOSS OF DATA AND/OR OTHER HARM THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH MATERIAL AND/OR THE ACT OF OBTAINING SUCH MATERIAL.
- NO ADVICE OR OTHER INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM WP OR THROUGH THE SITE (INCLUDING ANY SERVICE) SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TOS.
18. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
WP SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE AND/OR DATA, AND/OR ANY OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF WP HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OF OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SITE (INCLUDING ANY SERVICES AND/OR CONTENT); (ii) THE NEED TO PROCURE SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND/OR SERVICES AS A RESULT OF ANY INFORMATION, GOODS AND/OR SERVICES OBTAINED, TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO, AND/OR COMMUNICATIONS RECEIVED THROUGH THE SITE (INCLUDING ANY SERVICES AND/OR CONTENT); (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR REGISTRATION DATA AND/OR OTHER CONTENT; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SITE (INCLUDING THE SERVICES AND/OR CONTENT); AND/OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SITE (INCLUDING THE SERVICES AND/OR CONTENT). Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if WP is found to be liable to you for any damage or loss which arises out of or is in any connected with your use of the Site (including any Services and/or any Content), in no event shall WP's total liability exceed US $5.00.
Except as otherwise stated in these TOS, notices to you may be made via either email or regular mail.
20. No Third Party Beneficiaries
21. Trademark Information
World Pulse, World Pulse Voices, the World Pulse logo, PulseWire, the PulseWire logo, WorldPulse.com, PulseWire.net, Voices Rising, Resource Exchange, Sharing Solutions, Voices Of Our Future, No One Speaks For Me, and other WP product and service names and logos are trademarks of WP (collectively, the "World Pulse Marks"). You may not reproduce, distribute, display and/or otherwise use the World Pulse Marks in any manner without WP's prior express written permission.
22. Copyrights and Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Notice
WP respects the intellectual property of others and we ask our users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied on or by the Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that your intellectual property rights have been violated in some other way in connection with the Site, please send WP the following information in writing ("DMCA Notice”):
- identification of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property work that you claim has been infringed;
- identification of the material that you claim is infringing, and reasonably sufficient information to permit WP to locate that material on the Site (such as a hyperlink to the material you claim is infringing);
- information reasonably sufficient to permit WP to contact you, such as your mailing address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material that you claim is infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that all the information in your DMCA Notice is accurate, that you are the owner of copyright or other exclusive intellectual property in the work you claim has been infringed, or that you are authorized to act on the behalf of said owner; and
- your electronic or physical signature.
All DMCA Notices should be sent to WP's designated agent as follows:
World Pulse Voices
1006 SE Grand Avenue
Portland, OR 97214
Attention: Jensine Larsen
23. General Information
Entire agreement. These TOS constitute the entire agreement between you and WP and govern your use of the Site (including the Services and Content), superseding all prior agreements between you and WP relating to the Site (including the Services and Content). For the avoidance of doubt, you may be subject to additional terms and conditions, not expressly set forth in these TOS, but incorporated into these TOS by reference, in connection with the Site and/or certain Services.
No right of survivorship and non-transferability. Your rights to use your Site account are non-transferable, and any rights to your Site password, other login information, and account details and other Content terminate upon your death, if not earlier terminated.
The section titles and subtitles in these TOS are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
or via postal Mail to:
1006 SE Grand Avenue
Portland, OR 97214
These TOS were last updated on January 1, 2015.