This is Sonita an admirable young girl.....
- At 10 she escaped child marriage.
- She sought solace in music and defined her rights and feelings through it.
- She is 18 and Sonita Alizadeh is not only an Afghan Rapper but also an activist.
- Sonita fled from the war in Afghanistan to Iran and worked as a cleaner of toilets.
- Her first video was made in Iran. Notice the bar code on her forehead. The price tag!
- She has bagged herself a full scholarship to study music at Wasatch Academy in Utah.
- A documentary film on her life titled “Sonita” will premiere at the International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam.
This girl will go places and she knows how to fight oppression/brainwashing and thought control.
Here is a rap video by Sonita: "Brides For Sale" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n65w1DU8cGU&feature=youtu.be
As posted by Kamini Mehra on Google Plus (https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KaminiMehra/posts/iLMCxE4vKzt)