2012 Mentors and Mentees are here, the mission of Rural Girl Child Mentorship Uganda (RGCM Uganda) is being fulfilled. Rural Girl Child Mentorship Uganda (RGCM Uganda), a project under a grassroots NGO– Pearl Community Empowerment Foundation (PCE-Foundation), is a one on one girl-to-mentor project aimed at empowering Ugandan girls through financial assistance for continued education, shared knowledge and wisdom, and creative thinking. Each rural Ugandan girl is connected to a mentor who helps nurture their vision for a brighter future.
PCE-Foundation is a national grassroots Not for Profit Organization operating under the legal instruments governing NGOs in Uganda. It is registered under REG NO: S.5914/9510, currently operating in Eastern Uganda.
It was a struggle finding only 40 girls in a community of over 1000 households. In my OWN village of over 300 household we found ONLY 7 girls, the rest got married and already pregnant, with children (because I wanted to pull them off their marriages - knowing the impact of education and especially to and from the girls of my own village).
Today we have 38 mentors from Australia, United Kingdom and the United States. Isn't it amazing?!. Some of the mentors have already got the first letters from the girls.
"Received a letter from Nyaburu Anna yesterday, so beautifully written. She wants to be a doctor. I'm sure she will be a great doctor and leader. I can't wait to meet you Anna! Thank you Beatrice for bringing her into my life" says Charli Bass
We are thankful for World Pulse media platform for giving a channel for raising my voice and above all, helping us channel our passion and dream.
Allow me thank and congratulate the 37mentors from across the globe for having chosen to mentor a rural Ugandan girl through RGCM Uganda project, for having trusted me with their time and money to mentor and educate the following girls of my community;Mentor Country Girl
- Charli B Australia Nyaburu Anna
- Rita R Germany Namusis Anna
- Rita R Germany Nyaburu Nandalia
- Rita R Germany Nyadoi Perepetwa
- Julie K T United States Aboth Sarah
- Julianne Ohl F [Looking for a new mentors for 2013] United States Auma Maureen Sharon
- ChristianD[Looking for a new mentors for 2013] Australia Woor Victoria
- Ines D Germany Akoth Everline
- Lori Bonn G United States Achola Sabina
- Jana L Germany Athieno Irene
- Sophia Catherine W Germany Alowo Catherine
- Charli M Australia Nyadoi Anna Rose
- Andrea L United States Apio Everline
- Nina L Germany Akumu Dorothy
- Amy E United States Achola Anna
- Karlene Lumsden Australia Awor Jane Frances
- Gisela Raabe Germany Achieng Scovia 18.Nancy W England Aboth Regina 19.Sarah T Austria Athieno Rose Mary 20.Susanne S Germany Adongo Anna Mary 21.Maura Conlon United States Awor Esther 22.The Rat Pack Australia Agola Mary Sylvia. 23.Susanna B Sweden Akello Jane Doreen 24.Jennifer A [Looking for a new mentors for 2013] United States Achari Christine 25.Lisa B Australia Akello Mary 26.Olivia B Australia Agola Mary
- Barb R United States Anyango Solofia 28.Anita B United States Agolla Mary Constance 29.Corina W Austria Akoth Felisters 30.Lisa S Germany Auma Beatrice 31.Gypsy Elaine United States Aketch Mary Gorret 32.Jens K Germany Awor Josephine 33.Heike B Germany Auma Constance 34.Robin H United States Akumu Patricia 35.Laurinda M Australia Awor Mary 36.Kyle B England Awor Hilda 37.Ritu S United States Abbo Martha. 38.Vicky H Australia Adongo Christine
- Sue L United States Akoth Cissy 40.Cadia M Australia Achola Norah Constance
Congratulations to our 2012, dear Mentors and Mentees!!!!!!
For those who would like to mentor next year 2013, we will update you from as early as September 6, 2012; already over 400 girls have already preregistered for 2013 intake [Updated on June 04]
For details on how and why mentor a girl can, please follow this link; http://www.worldpulse.com/node/48236 Please feel free to read short essays about our current mentees about their current life, explained how they’ve overcome roadblocks thus far, and identify their dreams and goals accessible at: http://worldpulse.com/node/48232
Join our group facebook - RGCM Uganda at: http://www.facebook.com/groups/rgcm.uganda/
"Like" our fan page and get instant updates at: http://www.facebook.com/RGCMUganda
Thank you for choosing to create a big impact in the life of a rural girl child and an ever lasting CHANGE in the world.