1. Learn to take care of your Bills. This includes your electricity & phone bills and your bank deposits at an early age.
2. Leave the house half an hour before the important event. Get ready an hour prior to that. Early bird gets the worm.
3. Watch movies and television series, it helps you improve your language(English)
4. Say thank you to people who do little things to make your life easier, the waiter, the parking guard, your bus driver.
5. Also, make it a habit of picking up dirty napkins and food spilled on the table with the napkin yourself. Maybe the waiter too doesn’t like picking up dirty leftovers.
6. Don’t rely on pills for everything, if your grandma had a remedy that cures it all, take that instead.
7. Dab mouthwash to your pimples, the alcohol kills the bacteria.
8. Google life hacks and travel hacks & how to make your own cleaning supplies (basically, how to this & that everything) during your free time, this will help you a lot of times. But, don’t ever decide your illness on the symptoms you googled.
9. Offer to pay everywhere, even if you know they aren’t going to make you pay. Just offer.
10. Read labels on everything from food to makeup.
11. Carry an umbrella, a sanitary napkin and a tiny notebook with a pen at all times.
12. Don’t overdo alcohol or any kind of drug that can cause you trouble, even smoking.
13. Try packing your lunch from home whenever it is possible.
14. Be kind, if your friend invites you for dinner, take them for a lunch someday during the week. Also bring a cake or a bottle of wine if somebody invites you for dinner, the whole family gets to enjoy it.
15. Throw trash in a dustbin, else put it inside your pocket or bag unless you come across a bin.
16. Watch a lot of TED TALKS & Documentaries from YouTube, you don’t know how smart you sound when you know about something others don’t.
17. Try being really good at one sport & one musical instrument apart from your career choice.
18. Be nice to little kids so that they look up to you, occasionally take them for ice creams.
19. Let your mother do your nails and your hair at times, she misses the little girl she used to dress up.
20. Intern in a lot of places so that you fill up your resume with good places and good experiences.
21. Know basic politics and names of all the significant people of your country.
22. Stay updated with news, have an app that notifies you with world news if you can’t read or watch the news every morning.
23. EXPLORE!!! Try every opportunity that comes to you, fill all the forms. You will have plenty of time to think and reject it later which is better than regretting not submitting it before the deadline.
24. Learn to say no and voice your opinion, even if it’s your dad or your boss who is wrong.
25. Try being the best at what you do.
26. It is important to know your bra & cup size. Choose natural and comfortable fabrics for your innerwear.
27. Guys are amazing, but in no way are all of your life or the reason to ruin your life.
28. If he really likes you, he has no problem carrying your big heavy bag that looks feminine & will let you meet his mum too.
29. It’s okay to credit your success to yourself and celebrate.
30. People are always going to talk, so let them and do your thing. Give those more to talk about.
31. Having too much fun with your girlfriends does not make you arrogant, being ungrateful and not appreciating efforts does.
32. Don’t keep company with those who constantly compare themselves to you, instead cherish a friend who loves you for you and enhances your life.
33. At home try being the man of the house at times, change the broken bulb and carry the 20ltr water to the kitchen upstairs.
34. Wear whatever you like but don’t make others around you uncomfortable. And always carry a hand mirror, always check if you have anything stuck in your teeth & face. It is better to be careful.
35. You will never be too old to learn something new. My 87 year old granddad, who is a doctor is just learning to send emails in his tablet.
36. You are going to make mistakes but what you can do is learn, recover and come back better than ever.
37. It is okay to not figure out what your life is going to be like, you just haven’t reached your transitional phase yet.
38. Negotiate and convince people that they cannot have anybody better than you for this job, (even if you don’t believe it yourself) FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT!!
39. Try telling your parents that the men in the house get to do the same amount of housework the women do. Take turns will the dishes or cooking. At least make the men cook on weekends.
40. Instead of working on a superficial perfection, work on growing a real character & intellect.
41. Don’t fret over the past. Your choices, good & bad made today happen. Be thankful.
42. Give, to charity or to anybody in need. Even the clothes that don’t fit you anymore will provide warmth to somebody on those harsh cold winter nights.
43. Don’t eat a lot of sugar after evenings when you are going through your period cramps. The sugar will keep you active and NOT LET YOU SLEEP, which will only make the fatigue worse.
44. Read articles, magazines and everything from Cosmopolitan to the TIME, get in a lot of information.
45. Never Ever, let google decide your illness. DON’T GOOGLE YOUR SYMPTOMS.
46. Kindness kills, help and pay for the ones that talk ill of you. You will feel great when they come to their senses.
47. Sometimes it is not so bad to showoff what you have achieved, it prevents people from being mean to you.
48. If you are a feminist, be proud to be one.
49. You are a strong KICKASS young woman, don’t let anybody else tell you otherwise.
50. Share this with other wonderful young girls you know.