The International Center for Research on Women (ICRW) seeks to promote a world free of poverty in which women and men, girls and boys have equal opportunities to achieve their potential and realize their rights.
International Center for Research on Women's work has three distinct dimensions — research, technical support for capacity building, and advocacy— and is informed by the following essential ingredients for sustainable development:
- Supporting women as economic providers and innovators, nurturers and caregivers, community leaders, and agents of change;
- Ensuring women's control of economic resources; guaranteeing their reproductive rights, health and nutrition; strengthening their capabilities; and increasing their political power;
- Fostering equity and respect for the human rights and dignity of all;
- Shaping policy and programs based on sound research and data; and
- Building collaborative, mutually rewarding partnerships and social networks to share skills and build capacity.