For all types of relationships. Can we teach our children? Can our men choose to change their behavior? What do you think?
Does the Agressor: 1. Embarrass or make fun of you in front of others? 2. Put down your accomplishments or goals? 3. Treat you like you are unable to make decisions? 4.Use intimidation or threats to gain compliance? 5. Tell you that you are nothing and worthless? 6. Grab, push, pinch, shove or hit you? 7. Call you consistently or show up expectedly? 8. Drill you on where you were and who you were with? 9. Use drugs or alcohol as an excuse or enticement for his/her abuse? 10. Blame you and/or everyone else for his/her problems and feelings? 11. Pressure you for sex even if you say "No"? 12. Insist that you have no way out of this relationship? 13. Prevent you from doing things you want? 14. Try to keep you from leaving after a fight or leave you somewhere after a fight to "teach you a lesson"?
- Walk on "eggshells" for fear of how the agressor will act?
- Make excuses for his/her behavior?
- Feel responsibile for his/her behavior?
- Alter your behavior to try to avoid a fight?
- Feel "wrong" and "stupid" and helpless in this relationship?
- Have trouble eatling, sleeping or focusing on tasks?
- Fear to leave this relationship? Or speak up against a bully?
In the USA: One out of every three women have admitted to being in an abusive relationship at some time. Every 15 minutes, a women is killed by a spouse or someone she knows. I know that we are not alone over here on this side of the world.LET'S STOP THE VIOLENCE! Let's teach our kids the ways of the peaceful warrior NOT THE TYRANT!