The “Building Peace Project” aims at bringing the youth from different countries to come together to dialogue with each other and to build peace. Our flagship initiative will be launched with participants from India and Pakistan.
How will this work?
- The program will take in Twenty Participants in all - Ten boys and Ten girls, aged between 18 and 30. (Five men and Five women from India, and Five men and Five women from Pakistan)
- Each participant from one country will be paired with a participant from the other country. For a year, they will be brought together to communicate and dialogue with each other. These exchanges will be via postal mail, e-mail, Skype, Whatsapp and other technology driven communication applications subject to preference, availability, ease and convenience of the participants themselves.
- While the participants will be free to discuss, bond over and share anything they want to, a simple curriculum will be created so that they get to discuss some relevant and pressing issues that will culminate in understanding each other and in building peace with each other.
- On each side, each participant will maintain a peace journal that REF will provide for them. These journals will have handwritten entries made by the participants on what they have come to learn, what they have come to understand about another’s culture, and how they have evolved by the experience.
- After a year, REF will bring the boys and girls together for a summit of sorts, and all the participants will come together to agree on a “Building Peace Manifesto” of sorts, where peace-building will be the key, and they will seek out their governments to resolve the differences between their two countries to make peace.
Deadline for applications: February 20, 2014
To apply, click here: http://www.redelephantfoundation.org/p/building-peace-project.html
Take action! This post was submitted in response to WWW: Women Weave the Web .